Samsung New DVI DVD play and my 191t

DruSi3r

Gawd
Will samsung new dvdplayer with dvi out found here work with my samsung 191t? I currently do not have a HDTV and was wondering if this would be an alternative. I think there maybe a problem with HDCP or something...Someone help please.
drew

Originally posted by DruSi3r
Will samsung new dvdplayer with dvi out found here work with my samsung 191t? I currently do not have a HDTV and was wondering if this would be an alternative. I think there maybe a problem with HDCP or something...Someone help please.
drew

how is your 191T with ghosting? have you watched DVDs or TV on it?

eDIT: I think it might work, the DVD player and your LCD...

Originally posted by DruSi3r
drew

It won't work. Unless the DVI port sees that it's connected to an HDCP-compliant display device, it'll refuse to output anything via DVI. You can thank the MPAA for this. It's their method for preventing piracy -- by treating all consumers as thieves. HDCP interfaces require that the sending and receiving side both support HDCP before a signal is allowed to pass between them. If a HDCP content device (e.g., a DVD player) is connected to a non-HDCP display device, it will refuse to work. However, if you connect a non-HDCP content device to a HDCP display device, the results vary: it may work, or it may refuse to display anything. Depends on the device, and how they decided to enforce HDCP.

Back