Crucible1001

[H]ard|Gawd
The price includes shipping
I accept only Amazon payments or money order
It will be shipped UPS ground
My HEAT

New pictures will be posted 5/27/11.

Specifications:
Intel A110 800 MHz CPU (close to the same speed as a 1.2 GHz Atom according to benchmarks)
1GB DDR2 RAM
7 Inch LCD touch screen
Intel GMA 950
AC adapter
Battery gets 3+ hours of life
Stylus
Windows XP Tablet edition with COA
Hard drive & zif cable not included
USB 2.5" SATA 100GB hard drive taped to the back of the tablet
Manual, disks, cables, etc
Original box

Includes the following extras:
Samsung Q1 Case - For the Q1, not Q1U, so it may not fit properly
Q1U slip/case
Q1U full keyboard

The original hard drive cable became lost, and is entire impossible to replace. I spent hours searching for it and found nothing. It is a special size zif cable on the tablet's end. Instead I am including a USB hard drive taped to the back of it. It does not have any adverse effects on the tablet, in fact it runs about 3 times faster vs the 1.8" hard drive. Installed on the drive is Windows 7, but without the COA, so you will either have to format it, buy windows 7, or do whatever you wish. All drivers are installed. Windows 7 does not like the touch screen drivers that much, so it will sometimes go out. That can be fixed using the touch screen app. I rarely use the touch screen. Instead I use the joystick on the left, and the mouse buttons on the right. Aside from that, it is about as fast as a netbook. It benchmarks about the same on CPU tests and the hard drive is obviously as fast as one now.

Battery life is about 3 hours on max brightness. You can get about 4 with brightness on low. Battery has barely been used. This was a display model at a store, but barely ever touched. There are no noticeable scratches on the screen or case.

Original hard drive and cable are not included - requires a zif (IDE) hard drive. These are the same drives that the old ipods use. The cable for it is also different than ipod zif cables. They are wider in one side. It is a very hard to find cable and I can't find it anywhere. It also works with some SSD drives (not all), and CF adapters + CF card. I can confirm it does not work with HP netbook SSDs. Keep in mind these methods require the special zif cable.

If you ever have to install windows again, it can be installed onto USB using special software. I got mine from a torrent. If you ever want to mod the tablet, there are 4 solder points easily accessible inside the tablet at the mini pci-e slot. This would allow you to fit a hard drive inside the device. You can use a 1.8" SATA SSD along with the circuit board for a 2.5" SATA USB external then solder the circuit board into the mini pci-e area. The solder points can be found here. http://www.umpcportal.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7284

$245 Shipped

Last edited:
If I can lower the cash out some with a trade, I may be interested.............looking for any hardware in trade? PM me if so

Back