Samsung S23A750D, 23" 3D displayport monitor for $300

chiablo

Limp Gawd
http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=982703&CatId=4420

This is $100 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen online...The same price is available through Amazon.com but you can get free shipping if you get it from Circuit City's website.

The monitor is an amazing display, and but it does not have VESA mounting and only has HDMI and Displayport inputs, no DVI. But the only way you could get 120hz 3D at full 1080p is via Displayport. So make sure your expectations are realistic.

For more information, hop into the display section of the [H]ard Forums... This display is the current hotness there.

Good find, this is the cheapest that I've ever seen this display. Too bad that it doesn't do Nvidia 3d vision.

Just curious, is display port better than dual link dvi?

Display Port or some other technology is the future. DVi doesn't have the bandwidth to support 120hz 3D at 1080p like the op mentioned.

Also, what type of display is this? TN, IPS, etc? I'm guessing TN, but I can always hope.

Display Port or some other technology is the future. DVi doesn't have the bandwidth to support 120hz 3D at 1080p like the op mentioned.

Of course it does. How do you think that Nvidia 3d vision works? Almost every 120hz display on the market uses dual link dvi. The only way to use Nvidia 3d vision is over dual link DVI. In fact I'm not even sure that there is a solution available to use display port for 60fps 3d at 1080p. I know that it has enough bandwith but I don't know that any solution takes advantage of it. AFAIK the only way to use 3d at 1080p at 60fps is with a Nvidia card and dual link dvi.

Of course it does. How do you think that Nvidia 3d vision works? Almost every 120hz display on the market uses dual link dvi. The only way to use Nvidia 3d vision is over dual link DVI. In fact I'm not even sure that there is a solution available to use display port for 60fps 3d at 1080p. I know that it has enough bandwith but I don't know that any solution takes advantage of it. AFAIK the only way to use 3d at 1080p at 60fps is with a Nvidia card and dual link dvi.

You're right. I'm wrong. It's past 1080p 120hz that DVi has the problem. Display port can produce "2,560 × 1,600 × 30 bit @120 Hz (CVT-R timings)" whereas DVi cannot. So I suppose for the time being it's capable. But another format will have to take the future which looks to be Displayport unless another format takes over.

Also, what type of display is this? TN, IPS, etc? I'm guessing TN, but I can always hope.

Doesnt it?
I am pretty sure dual link DVI can drive 1080p at 120hz which is why DVI is on all the 120hz displays except this one.

You're right. I'm wrong. It's past 1080p 120hz that DVi has the problem. Display port can produce "2,560 × 1,600 × 30 bit @120 Hz (CVT-R timings)" whereas DVi cannot. So I suppose for the time being it's capable. But another format will have to take the future which looks to be Displayport unless another format takes over.

Display port sounds great but I don't even know that you can use it for 3d and with HDMI being the industry standard I don't know that is going to be changing any time soon sadly. I would love to see an open 3d standard that can do 3d at 60fps at 1080p or higher. Someone is going to have to take the ball but I'm not sure who its going to be.

Ya DP is the future but when is the future? You can still find monitors with VGA ports. There is just no real hard push from manufacturers to make everything DP now. DVI is still the best IMO. HDMI was suppose to be all great and it was utter garbage to me. The only good think about HDMI was audio and ethernet through the cable. Unfortantely I have never used a product that used the ethernet and the audio is only useful if you happen to have everything supporting it in your setup. Other than that handshake issues come up all the time, and the stupid standard does not even have the bandwidth of the older DVI standard. Finally the cables fall out and get loose much easier than DVI ever did.

The other advantage to DVI is that some variants can still output a analog signal over it and you can use a DVI-->VGA converter on them.

Really wish these could be vesa mounted...

Looks similarly priced at Amazon.

Last edited:
The seller is Amazon is CC. I just picked one up. There are six left. This is 120$ cheaper than I've seen anywhere else.

In other news, why the hell has no one created a 3D Vision 2 monitor that's 23" or 24"?

In other news, why the hell has no one created a 3D Vision 2 monitor that's 23" or 24"?

The Benq xl2420t should be available any day now. There are a few sites that seem to have them listed for sale, no store that I've heard of though.

Edit: I'm hearing that the official release is supposed to be January 18th with a $400 msrp.

Yep I own a 120hz over dvi but was curious if the display port actually offers better performance. ie input lag, picture/image clarity.

Does ati and nvidia both support display port?

TN.

This guy (http://hardforum.com/member.php?u=93212) has a 3 in eyefinity. He modded the bezzels...They look nice. Basically, from what he's said, they look great. The TN color shift only gives him minor issues, I guess. Compared to CRT, said the response isn't as crisp...But that's an LCD for you.

Yep I own a 120hz over dvi but was curious if the display port actually offers better performance. ie input lag, picture/image clarity.

Does ati and nvidia both support display port?

Its a digital interface so the performance of DVI, HDMI, and Display port is exactly the same. The bandwith that each provides is different though. Yeah, Nvidia has sort of been supporting display port. They have a hand full of cards out with a display port connector. Its not something that I would place a buying decision on since there isn't a single display that takes advantage of the extra bandwith of display port for something that DVI can't handle.

Back