Samsung S4 Battery Problem?

msny

2[H]4U
How can you tell if the battery is going bad
or the phone itself is defective?

Lately, seems that my S4 drains fast and does not charge all the way
to 100%. It may go to 95% or 98% plugged. The phone is 10 months old
with latest updates. I've been using a lay down type charger at times
and that seems to work even worse at recharge. I've let it drain all the way down
no change.

I have Sprint service, should I just take it to them or do something else first?
Don't want to get ripped off, thanks for your advice.;)

Might be overthinking. Batteries aren't $70 anymore. Make sure there isn't some app you don't know about running all the time draining your juice. My battery was noticably crappier a year or so in. I don't know what's up with only charging to 98% or whatever, but I'd just get a new battery. I suggest the RAVPower batteries they seem to last a little longer than the stock ones if it was apples to apples test (or a lot more if yours is long in the tooth). $10 or so on Amazon.

Might be overthinking. Batteries aren't $70 anymore. Make sure there isn't some app you don't know about running all the time draining your juice. My battery was noticably crappier a year or so in. I don't know what's up with only charging to 98% or whatever, but I'd just get a new battery. I suggest the RAVPower batteries they seem to last a little longer than the stock ones if it was apples to apples test (or a lot more if yours is long in the tooth). $10 or so on Amazon.

Got a link to the right one to fit my phone?
Not sure what to get.

Already using Battery Doctor app, helps some.

Thanks much!

If you have sprint insurance DEFINITELY take it to them, you are paying for them to fix this junk make use of it. Even in the worst case all they will do is say we don't cover that. But they should be able to tell you if its the phone or the battery. If they try to charge you for a battery just say no. Especially if they are really charging $70. $70 for as long as smart phones have been popular will buy you and extended battery and a case and a lunch. Not just some standard OEM battery.

I find that Google Services and some GPS enabled apps drain my Sprint S4's battery a hell of a fuck ton. So I force close those apps (after I run them) and have uninstalled the Google Plus app's updates and just use the web version (should I ever bother with it). Other than that I have found that my battery's life has been normal, and I've had it since Black Friday 2013.

Not to thread hijack, but in your battery usage stats, is "Android OS", or "Android System" near the top of your battery usage? My wife's (Verizon) GS4 has had pretty bad battery life due to this and I've had a hell of a time figuring it out. When she first got it and it was on 4.2.x, I figured out that it was one of the location settings. But afterwards with one of the 4.3 or 4.4 updates, they changed the location settings and consolidated them all into one switch basically (GPS, cell, and WiFi location), and even if I turn all of it off, those two processes will keep her phone awake for 3-4 hours while not in use sometimes.

I've even rooted it to find the cause and WakeLock Detector told me it was a Google Now process because I had it set to always listen for "OK Google", but I disabled that and no difference. If any other GS4 owners can chime in, I'd greatly appreciate it. I never had this issue really on my old Note 2 or current One M8. I've Google'd it to my wits end and tried all viable solutions I've found there and on XDA.

Same thing happened to my s4 battery. Have it replaced under warranty. Check for signs of battery deformation on bloating.

Back