Samsung SH-203B DVD RW (aka SH-S203B) 30.99 Shipped

A decent deal because of the free shipping, but most burners are in the $30-$35 pricerange now. I couldn't find a cdfreaks review on this drive though, does this have the same internals as another manufacturer's drive that they wrote a review on?

I just bought a Pioneer DVR-112d and DVR-212d (sata version), 5.84 shipping on these though (ouch). This burner received a excellent\very good rating at cdfreaks for burning cd's, dvd's, and dvd dl's. So this is another drive worth considering if you need high-quality burns for playing media on other devices (it also burns cheaper media better). I have heard rumors that the laser might burn out faster on the pioneer than other drives, but most people say that their drive has burned fine for years (newegg also has a 1 year replacement warranty so if I get one that's faulty I'm ok with that).

A decent deal because of the free shipping, but most burners are in the $30-$35 pricerange now. I couldn't find a cdfreaks review on this drive though, does this have the same internals as another manufacturer's drive that they wrote a review on?

I just bought a Pioneer DVR-112d and DVR-212d (sata version), 5.84 shipping on these though (ouch). This burner received a excellent\very good rating at cdfreaks for burning cd's, dvd's, and dvd dl's. So this is another drive worth considering if you need high-quality burns for playing media on other devices (it also burns cheaper media better). I have heard rumors that the laser might burn out faster on the pioneer than other drives, but most people say that their drive has burned fine for years (newegg also has a 1 year replacement warranty so if I get one that's faulty I'm ok with that).

CDFreaks may not have a review but there is a fat thread of users praising the excellent burning and reading qualities.

I got this along with a DVR-212D to be versatile (look in my sig) :D

very disaspointed on this item.. it arrived without screw, sata cable, manual book, nero 7.. only just the drive??? wat the hell??

very disaspointed on this item.. it arrived without screw, sata cable, manual book, nero 7.. only just the drive??? wat the hell??

Uh, it says OEM.

OEM as in bare drive only.

Do a little research before you buy stuff. Don't get mad because you made a mistake.

Does anybody have the driver for this? Windows XP x64 is having some trouble recognizing it for some reason and gives me an Error Code 39.

Thanks!

Back