Samsung SyncMaster 193P Plus: A Review

Why does Samsung ( or any other makers for this matter ) advertise their 8 ms overdriven models specifically as ' 8 ms g2g '?

Is this 'g2g' meant to tell us how superior it is to the 'regular 8ms' panels? Or is it meant to describe its limitations with respect to the 8 ms response time from non-overdriven lcds?

I'd say yes. I did a little comparison between the two. If you care about level of blackness, uniform blacklight and contrast ratio then go for the 193P+. The 193P+ is so much better for the picture quality and for gaming I found them to be equivalent.

I actually paid $50 more for the 193P+ over the VP191b and I count myself as getting a GREAT value. I was ready to pay $150 more for the Samsung anyway. Better color, better style, better quality and better customer support than Viewsonic. IMHO.

I posted a few weeks back about how much I love this monitor. Someone posted about maybe getting the Sony xbrite over this....please go look at both side-by-side before you buy the Sony. I will not say anything more about how good this monitor really is regardless what others have said, people are going to buy what they want to buy regardless what I have to say...but for those of you that are thinking about getting this monitor, I got mine from this on-line store, had it in less that a week, and I have not found a better price - hurry tho, I spoke with them and they will not be carrying this model much longer.

http://www.techonweb.com/products/productdetail.aspx?id=B76947

If you are looking for a good price on a great monitor, check here!!!

To clarify on the price. I didn't pay 150$ more to get the 193P+. The 193P+ was $700+tx and the VP191b was $620+tx (canadian prices). Where is the $150 difference coming from?!?

smith94672 said:
Why does Samsung ( or any other makers for this matter ) advertise their 8 ms overdriven models specifically as ' 8 ms g2g '?

Is this 'g2g' meant to tell us how superior it is to the 'regular 8ms' panels? Or is it meant to describe its limitations with respect to the 8 ms response time from non-overdriven lcds?

The ISO specification of response time tell us that how much time takes a black pixel to white pixel and a white pixel to black pixel change. (sum)

g2g means how much time is taken for a change between 2 gray levels.
So to say, the old specification is about the sum of 2 changes and this new one is for only 1.
But the old Samsung LCD monitors could have 80 ms response time between 2 gray levels and this new g2g should mean that this value is valid for every change.

Vol said:
To clarify on the price. I didn't pay 150$ more to get the 193P+. The 193P+ was $700+tx and the VP191b was $620+tx (canadian prices). Where is the $150 difference coming from?!?

well i compared the $445 US to the 600 dollar one im seeing at newegg, so i guess newegg doesnt have the lowest price for that monitor

Back