Samsung Syncmaster 275T

I am looking forward to this monitor as well.

Did you notice that the manual was a bit incomplete? When you go to the adjusting the monitor section most of the pages have little to nothing on them.

Hopefully this monitor will be released soon, because I am ready to buy now!

Attention Travbomb, can you give us an approximate date when this guy will be released? :D Thanks!

Attention Travbomb, can you give us an approximate date when this guy will be released? :D Thanks!

LOL! Given the fact that travbomb works for NEC and not Samsung I don't think he'll be able to be much help in obtaining release date info for the 275T for us.

I am looking forward to this monitor as well.

Did you notice that the manual was a bit incomplete? When you go to the adjusting the monitor section most of the pages have little to nothing on them.
For some reason, I had to install Korean fonts in Acrobat reader to get these pages to display, even though the text was all in English. :confused: But rest assured, there actually is text there, the pages aren't supposed to be blank. :)

You guts notice how this and the 245T do not come with DVI cables or,component,or s-video,etc.... !!? Just a single vga cable and a power cable,is all.... :eek:

You guts notice how this and the 245T do not come with DVI cables or,component,or s-video,etc.... !!? Just a single vga cable and a power cable,is all.... :eek:

yeah that is what i was looking at. was pretty surprised to see no dvi cable included... i seriously hope they toss that in when it is released. but hey, even if they don't, just buy the cable and it'll still be cheaper than dell's offering...

For some reason, I had to install Korean fonts in Acrobat reader to get these pages to display, even though the text was all in English. :confused: But rest assured, there actually is text there, the pages aren't supposed to be blank. :)

I got that prompt, but of course I chose not to install the fonts. I didn't realize that they were required to view those pages. Thanks for the tip!

I noticed that as well.

Maybe Samsung thinks it is justified given the price. Still, it would be quite surprising to purchase a $1000 monitor and only get a VGA cable and a power cord.

Lucky for me, I already own a 3rd party DVI cable that I plan to use, so it doesn't really matter if the 275T comes with a DVI cable.

LOL! Given the fact that travbomb works for NEC and not Samsung I don't think he'll be able to be much help in obtaining release date info for the 275T for us.

Opps, my bad.... :eek: I thought I saw him providing some info on some other stuff besides NEC products but I could be wrong. Too bad.

Opps, my bad.... :eek: I thought I saw him providing some info on some other stuff besides NEC products but I could be wrong. Too bad.

No worries.

If you could find a more precise release date for the 275T you would be my personal hero! :D

275T reivew is up and it comes with..;)

275T_accessary.jpg

And my wife just agreed to buy me a 2407 WPF,three weeks ago,I ordered it 2 weeks ago yesterday,and took delivery on Sunday last weekend !Good to see it comes with a DVI cable.Any LCD over 350~ usd should ! period.

Well,at least I have one of the ever so illusive A04's :cool:

This screen and the 245T look very seexay... Hotness for sure....

Edit:

the 275T has a 92% Adobe color gamut and very good viewing angles as well,at 178/178 plus 6ms GTG,with a newer generation S-PVA panel and Faroudja DCDI chip.It'll hit the us market for under 1k !! with a three year warranty to boot.

what's the spec. of 275T? is it a 27" screen? as this is not on the samsung website

what's the spec. of 275T? is it a 27" screen? as this is not on the samsung website

Its a 27" LCD monitor, similar to the Dell 2707WFP. Both monitors have very similar specs because they use the same Samsung S-PVA panel, the LTM270M1.

The reason its not on the Samsung website is that it hasn't been released in the US yet, but should be available sometime this month.

Nothing speical. Reviewer has the monitor, but that was a preview and he just went over the hardware (input ports, overal design, buttons etc). Reviewer ends with saying that he will be posting a full picture quality review.

I am waiting for this monitor as well :D

Nothing speical. Reviewer has the monitor, but that was a preview and he just went over the hardware (input ports, overal design, buttons etc). Reviewer ends with saying that he will be posting a full picture quality review.

I am waiting for this monitor as well :D
Thanks for letting us know. A shame that we didn't learn much, but hopefully there will be more concrete info over the next few weeks.

anyone know the color gamut for this monitor ? and if it will have 1:1 pixel mapping ?
Color gamut is 92% -- this monitor uses the exact same panel as Dell's 27 inch model. If you look at the manual, the on-screen menu does have an option called "size", with options like "wide", "4:3" -- I'd assume this has something to do with 1:1 mapping, though it's not clear whether this means that the pixels will be mapped 1 to 1 or whether the image will be stretched as much as possible while preserving aspect ratio. Hopefully this will be clarified soon.

The 4:3 option on other Samsung panels adds black bars to the left and right sides so 4:3 resolutions aren't distorted. I imagine that same option in the 275T menu will do the same thing.

Okay Monitor4u.com finally has a full review on 275T.

Basically reviewr is very impressed with 275T. Gave 10/10. Some readers already asked 1:1 Mapping, 1080P via VGA, COMPONENT, DVI.

Once they get their answers I will let ya guys know ^_^.

If the review is on Monitor4u.com that means usually it will be available(korea) in about 1-2 weeks. I am almost positive this monitor is going to be released before March in US.
I like everything about this monitor except the design of its enclosure.
They could have made it look thinner and nicer back. :(

Does Samsung USA have zero dead pixel policy like Korea?? I didn' tknow about this until today, but from the monitor4u article, reviewer says that although price is more expansive than 2nd tier group LCD monitor companies (there are quite a few in korea makes excellent LCD monitor with samsung and LG panel) they have zero dead pixel policy and that by itself justify the higher price.

Does Samsung USA have zero dead pixel policy like Korea?? I didn' tknow about this until today, but from the monitor4u article, reviewer says that although price is more expansive than 2nd tier group LCD monitor companies (there are quite a few in korea makes excellent LCD monitor with samsung and LG panel) they have zero dead pixel policy and that by itself justify the higher price.

No, they do not. The zero dead pixel policy applies to Korea only.

There is no 0 dead pixel policy in US, but to make up for that we have the best 30 day money back guarentee. :D You can expect third party versions of this 27inch later this year.

Okay Monitor4u.com finally has a full review on 275T.

Basically reviewr is very impressed with 275T. Gave 10/10. Some readers already asked 1:1 Mapping, 1080P via VGA, COMPONENT, DVI.

Once they get their answers I will let ya guys know ^_^.
Cool -- thanks for keeping us updated! Please let us know if anyone manages to find out if there's any input lag.

You can expect third party versions of this 27inch later this year.
What do you mean by this?

I wonder what is the release status of the Samsung ... I think I am going to go to my local Samsung World store in NYC to check with those guys. I hope they have it in stock or something!

I am wondering as well. I've been eagerly waiting for this monitor to be released.

Samsung announced that the 275T would be available in February, and we are already over halfway through with no indication of when it will be available.

The 275T isn't even listed in the monitor section on the Samsung website yet, though you can download the manual and driver from the download page. :rolleyes:

So I did check with Samsung World in NYC over the weekend (Sunday the 18th) and they said that they had one demo 275t in store until the 16th. Unfortunately when I went there the demo unit was already gone so I didn't get a chance to look at it. They didn't have any idea when it's going to be released.

Today the 20th I called monitoroutlet.com, ncix.com, 1800samsung and unfortunately no one even has the monitor in their databases. I have been advised that this usually means that monitor is more than a month away. I loosing hope it's going to be out in February as originally believed. I hope it comes out much sooner than that.

I don't have much experience with Samsung but how is their distribution?

well thats not all too encouraging... if they dont even have enough to leave a demo at their own store, how can we expect them to have enough of them to release it to the public? i'm seriously starting to doubt this february release date...

What's the MSRP going to be? I think this will be a worthy upgrade from my Dell 2405FPW.

$999

I'm waiting to hopefully see this thing in-store somewhere so I can see the pixel pitch for myself. I'm itchin' to get rid of the 2405 myself.

Well crap. I'm all set to make a purchase and the monitor I want is still not available! The Dell 2707WFP is unappealing because of its high price and the 275T really looks to be much more feature rich than the 2707WFP.

I think February is now out of the question. With only a week left in the month it is highly unlikely we will see the 275T this month. So much for February availability. :mad: Here's to hoping it will be out in early March!

Samsung hasn't had a great track record when it comes to releasing products on time. The 305T was supposed to be available late last year and you still can't find it in stock anywhere.

The BenQ FP241WZ is calling my name.... :eek:

EDIT: I just received a response to my inquiry about the 275T release date from Samsung, and the news isn't good:

Me: When will the 275T be available for purchase in the US? The announcements for the 275T said February, but we are already over halfway through with no word on when it will be available.

Any ideas?

Response: Thank you for contacting Samsung E-Mail Support.

We do not currently have a launch date for this product. All information released is still preliminary.

Have a great day!

I would have a much better day if Samsung would release this monitor! :mad:

The more I think of it the more the 2690WUXi is calling my name ... Sure the 275t is a good $600 cheaper but no one knows when it's coming out ...

Back