Samsung T240HD

BJames87

n00b
I am very close to taking the plunge and buying the new T240HD monitor/tv from Samsung. The one thing really holding me back is the lack of reviews out there. For anyone who has any experience with this monitor, is it a good purchase? I plan on using it for my Xbox 360 (HDMI), laptop (DVI), PS2 (component), and over-the-air HDTV (antenna port). All that in mind, I think I will be very happy with the purchase. Is there any reason I should think otherwise and look to a different model, or is this the right one for me? Thanks for the help :)

I'm on the same boat. Although I'm looking at the t240. There are next to no reviews out there except for a video review from compusa which wasn't too helpful.

The touch of color line looks amazing, however the only thing I need are real reviews. I'll hold out for a few weeks for them.

I have heard rumors or really high input lag(~50 ms) on the 24" and up models. This is strange for a TN panel.

Not sure exactly how people measure such a thing. I think I read a review where they cloned displays on a reference monitor(known lag) and the tested monitor and then took a picture of both screens while displaying something that changes numbers on the screen with each new frame. That way you can tell how many frames ahead or behind the tested monitor is compared to the reference.

I have the t260 non hd. Is there anything specific you want to know about it?

Does the TV scale properly? Meaning if I run 16x9 content into it (PS3) can I set it to scale so it shows black bars on the top and bottom, since the screen is 16x10.

Is the screen glossy, if it is you will be able to see yourself in it if the screen is off or black.

If you do something on it other than directly related to your PC, do you sometimes wish it was bigger? I always hear people say they wish they sprung for the larger version every time they bring their new HDTV home. Did you ever have that feeling?

I guess that's it. Thanks!

Does the TV scale properly? Meaning if I run 16x9 content into it (PS3) can I set it to scale so it shows black bars on the top and bottom, since the screen is 16x10.

Is the screen glossy, if it is you will be able to see yourself in it if the screen is off or black.

If you do something on it other than directly related to your PC, do you sometimes wish it was bigger? I always hear people say they wish they sprung for the larger version every time they bring their new HDTV home. Did you ever have that feeling?

I guess that's it. Thanks!

I haven't watched TV on it yet. But if I do, I imagine I can using the HDMI input. I do play my Xbox 360 on it. In the Xbox settings it lets me choose 1920x1200. So I don't have black bars.

The screen is not glossy but the frame is. Comes with a lint free cloth to clean. Posted new pic below.

I did spring for the larger size. At first I was going to get the T240HD. I thought about it and decided that I didn't need all the extra stuff you get with the HD versions so I went for a T260 which isn't much more money.

img_0471544.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply! I think I'm going to be picked up the t240HD this weekend.

Here is a link to the review of the T220HD. It's not the 240HD so they knocked it a few points in some areas that wouldn't have occurred with the 24", but overall it was positive. For those of you that do have it, are you ok with the viewing angles? The review makes them look just awful. http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/revie...l#Introduction

Synth, could you please post your settings for this monitor? Brightness, contrast, etc. Thanks!!

Brightness and Contrast is both 50 out of a 100. I also have this feater called MagicColor on Intelligent. It makes colors look better also brighter.

Back