Samsung

phasmatis_nox

[H]ard|Gawd
I absolutely CANNOT get my DFI LanParty UltraB mobo to recognize a Samsung drive.. I just got this one back on RMA, new, and it won't touch it. Yet my POS 10gb seagate works wonderfully with it. What is the deal? I can't even install Windows. It just gets to the point where it says 'System is loading Windows' after it goes through it's loading dealie, then restarts. Cycle. Arg!

check jumpers? try new cables? sounds like another bum drive ...

tough luck ... :(

What size drive and model number........and the jumpers could be like maxtor.....jumper for master with slave, no jumper for stand alone master......I remember when I first started working on comps...I swore the jumpers were set right on a maxtor.................nearly blew a gasket figuring that one out......just for giggles....do you have a win98 boot disk laying around.....try running fdisk and see if it is there......I know I have had to set an active partion with an RMA drive before to get 200 or XP to load.....

Well I've got it slaved onto this computer now, and it's formatting to NTFS via diskmgmt.msc, which is taking a suprisingly long time. I've had several iterations of this drive and I know that this jumper config is supposed to work.

!!!!!
<inexpressable anger>
Why, oh WHY?

Alright... so windows went thought it's install dealie, formatting, transfer files... up to the reboot. It reboots, and it says "Error loading operating system" ARG! So I format and install again... SAME THING! I am so angry and I can't even verbalize it. What the heck is my problem? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have had that happen before...and it was a screwey optical drive that was finally nailed down as the culprit..........still curious....what size drive......and what operating system?

Can you read .DXFs? I use solidworks, and it's not installed on this machine for the reasons detailed in this thread.

Back