San Andreas running too fast

planetary

[H]ard|Gawd
First, I'll tell you about the problem. Imagine normal gameplay speed, and then multiply that speed by 6. That is how fast my gameplay is. The story movies before each mission, forget about watching them. Blink, and they are over. It really sucks. This all started when I put the Athlon X2 CPU in. I had an FX-53 in my machine. Here are my important specs:

Abit AV8 motherboard
Athlon X2 4400+ stock
1GB Kingston HyperX PC3200
nVidia 6800GT @ 401/1.14

Any ideas?

haha looks like sa is written for dual core? and the dual core is sooo super duper fast that is runs ur game super duper ultra fast? =P, lol iunno i'm just talking out of my ass @_@

A couple instances of Prime95 while playing GTA:SA... that should slow it down a bit

Does San Andreas have the frame limiter like GTA:3 and Vice City? If it does, turn that on. Frames will be locked at 30 fps but it should play normally.

hehe downgrade for the game if you really like it :) san andreas is sooo much fun no replay value though after 100%...

I never thought I'd see someone on this board complain their game was running too fast!, hehe. It makes a change. :)

It's a shot in the dark, but my laptop was doing the same thing in POP2 and when i turned off fast writes, it stopped. try that and let me know if it helped.

Same thing happens to me in MVP 2005, I think its a driver issue but since you didnt change the drivers (just the CPU) I'm not sure what it might be in your case.

To fix the problem you must start the game, then go into the task manager, right click the GTA:SA process, set affinity, and uncheck one of the cpu's. Works like a charm!

yep people where scared that that cpu's would run to fast, so when the button is pushed you go fast, un pushed not fast(for all those programs you have that you need to run slower)

lozaning said:
yep people where scared that that cpu's would run to fast, so when the button is pushed you go fast, un pushed not fast(for all those programs you have that you need to run slower)

Fear had nothing to do with the turbo button, it was practical.

Back