Sandy or Manchester?

ScArE2100

Limp Gawd
er, just out of curiosity, why would you even consider going from a 3800+ to a 3700+?

if you have to get one, the X2 is the way to go

(cf)Eclipse said:
er, just out of curiosity, why would you even consider going from a 3800+ to a 3700+?

if you have to get one, the X2 is the way to go
Sandy = 90nm (its a venice w/ 1mb cache) so it will clock better than the 3800+ newcastle anyway it also has more cache and it wouldn't be that expensive of an upgrade as I'd sell my newcastle.

Any other opinions?

ScArE2100 said:
Sandy = 90nm (its a venice w/ 1mb cache) so it will clock better than the 3800+ newcastle anyway it also has more cache and it wouldn't be that expensive of an upgrade as I'd sell my newcastle.

Any other opinions?
but the 3700+ is 200mhz slower at stock.. oh well. good choice on the manchester :D

hows the X2 3800+ for gaming? does the slower 2.0 Ghz clock have much of a negative effect on frame rates over the 3700+ SD?

If I would need to choose between 3800+ Venice and 3700+ San Diaego then San Diego would be my choice. Cheeper and bit OC-ed a monster. It's a undercover FX CPU except multiplyer is locked to up/ That aint such a big deal cause with default multi You can OC high enough. For gaming it's a killer PCU.

Then again Dual cores are great too. I wanted a 3700+ San Diego and ended up on 4200+ X2.
I've build 3 systems with 4200+ X2 and was sold. So I gott one for me to.

MD

Jakalwarrior said:
you sure its not the single core 3800? I havent seen the X2s that cheap.
Yeah I'm sure. It was $340 + $10 shipping on ebay and I had the $10% off coupon.

(cf)Eclipse said:
but the 3700+ is 200mhz slower at stock.. oh well. good choice on the manchester :D
Yeah I know but I could have clocked it a lot better than the newcastle and it has more cache.

metallicafan said:
hows the X2 3800+ for gaming? does the slower 2.0 Ghz clock have much of a negative effect on frame rates over the 3700+ SD?
For games without multi-thread support it plays just like a single 3200+ but newer games are starting to support multi-threading. Also if you overclock it it will overclock like a venice 3200+ does in theory.

Back