Sapphire 7970 artifacting?

Madalienmonk

Limp Gawd
Just verifying before I start the RMA process :(

Purple horizontal lines that flicker a bit, then after about 20 seconds the whole screen goes grey and blocky. Tried different slots on mobo, same result. Corsair 750 PSU. Plug in GTX 260 SLI and works flawless. Sounds like an RMA, right?

If so, what should I expect with sapphire? Do they have cross shipping available?

why dont you just exchange from where you bought it? its easier if they have it instock. and you may not have to pay for shipping, depends on where you buy it from.

Tiger Direct said (on the website when I bought it) that all exchanges etc are handled by Sapphire...

lol, just call them up and you'll be fine. just make sure you request a return lable for the "defective" product. mention that to them, and they should issue you one prepaid label.

I know this isn't the brand you got but all the return policies seem similar for the 7970 on TigerDirect. Sounds like you can exchange a defective card to Tiger if you get preapproval from the manufacturer. A good return policy is always very important to me when purchasing. This seems like a big hassle but I'm guessing it was the only place it was in stock at.

This Product Has Limited Exchange Privileges.

For support on this product, please contact XFX at 800-880-3225. Defective exchanges for identical item within 30 days of purchase permitted on this product with prior manufacturer approval.

Hmm it seems like they are all the same return policy. In that case I'm going to see if I can get an exchange with tiger direct.

Do I need to call that number to get approval for TD to give me an exchange? Or do I contact TD first?

I have no idea what the number is to call Sapphire so you will have to find that. Try calling Tigerdirect first to see how the process is supposed to work and maybe they can give you the Sapphire number. I don't see why they wouldn't exchange it for you. I don't know why you need the manufacturer to approve it. Seems like it could become a hassle. Keep us updated. I'm curious how this return policy is supposed to work.

I have the sapphire number: "This Product Has Limited Exchange Privileges.
For support on this product, please contact Sapphire at 909-594-0597. Defective exchanges for identical item within 30 days of purchase permitted on this product with prior manufacturer approval."

I'll call Sapphire first I guess

Try this first, some cards are shipped undervolted which can cause artifacts.

Run MSI afterburner 2.2 beta 11, use the -xcl parameter. Up your voltage by .05 or .1V, that should fix your problem.

Try this first, some cards are shipped undervolted which can cause artifacts.

Run MSI afterburner 2.2 beta 11, use the -xcl parameter. Up your voltage by .05 or .1V, that should fix your problem.

In that case I'll do this first! Forgive me, but how do I run MSI afterburner when the whole screen goes wonky?

Tigerdirect probably wants you to go through all the trouble shooting steps with Sapphire before they will allow a return for exchange.

In that case I'll do this first! Forgive me, but how do I run MSI afterburner when the whole screen goes wonky?

Hmm, which card did you replace? Do you have legacy drivers? present?

Also, just curious - which 7970 driver are you using

edit: nvm, just read OP again. Have you used driver sweeper to remove fragments of the old NV drivers? Just guessing here

Whelp now its gotten worse. Now I can't do anything. Right after its done loading windows it goes completely blocky. No choice but rma now sigh

Back