sapphire 9600 pro; memory issues

Spewn

2[H]4U
Are all of the samsung 2.8ns ram chips BGA style? Because my sapphire 9600 pro, which *supposedly* has 2.8ns chips, are definately not BGA style. Did I get ripped off, and get sold a np?

-i know someone that just got his from newegg, saphire 9600pro 128 meg and it had bga ram on it, i think it was samsung but i could be wrong.... regardless, it was definitley BGA, adn like you said its supposed to be rated for 2.8ns.

1. is it a 128meg or 256meg card?
2. where did you buy it from?

Mine don't have BGA RAM on them either, I'd post a pic but I'm not at home. They are samsung chips though, I just think they might be a bit cheaper.

Edit: I looked mine up on the Samsung website a couple months ago and I believe they were 3.0 and 3.3ns, but I can't be too sure, and I don't feel like ripping off my ramsinks to look again.

It's a 128meg card, and I bought it from a local shop. The box was sealed etc, so I don't think it's the shop's fault. I'm just a bit miffed since according to sapphire the chips are *supposed* to be 2.8ns, even though I just looked up my chips online and they're actually rated at 3.3ns, no wonder I can't get much more than 300mhz out of them.

Back