sapphire, for the love of god, fire your graphic artist.

MrWizard6600

Supreme [H]ardness
EDIT: pictures might well be photoshoped. Point remains valid.

Its funny because I've been spending a bit of time on diviant art recently, and its amazing what some people come up with, I wont link to anyting but head over there and give it a look around. We've also got pictures of XFX's cards, and they look pretty standard.

And sapphire went with this:

I can come up with a render that looks better than that. Everyone else in the industry is going with guns and space ships and dragons and what not, and they went with some poorly rendered random woman.

People might remember I made a thread about this last year with the HD4800s from sapphire which were (are) just as ugly. I donno what it is about this which just urks me --in all of my PC's you cant even see the graphic anyways, and even then I wouldnt go with sapphire for warranty reasons. But something about $5 graphics on $400 graphic hardware just... I donno.

Last edited:
Most "artwork" on graphics cards is pretty lame. That's why I'm glad its facing down once installed :rolleyes:

Most "artwork" on graphics cards are pretty lame. That's why I'm glad its facing down once installed :rolleyes:

inside... a HP OEM case. (that's how I hide my graphics cards)

Seriously, dreadlocks are HOT.

I always wonder where these manufacturers come of with their random ass artwork.
I guess thats what it is: just any random piece of digital art, that can be used on their sticker.

I always wonder where these manufacturers come of with their random ass artwork.
I guess thats what it is: just any random piece of digital art, that can be used on their sticker.

yeah, despite how much I liked this, it probably would of seemed nicer with just a stock black, or a nice GI Joe like figure.

It is at least (semi)original?

It beats Palit and that stupid frog... granted, they went out of business or something similar.

They're still here, but heavily marginalized by EVGA and XFX (lifetime warranty!).

Looks like this isn't the sole Sapphire design:

1253361773.jpeg

Jesus.. who cares?
You will never see the woman anyway because the card will face down when installed.

Dreadlocks? On my video card girl? I'd feel dirty every time I'd play a game. Disgusting shit.

Dreadlocks? On my video card girl? I'd feel dirty every time I'd play a game. Disgusting shit.

dammit, a non-believer!

But the overwheliming consensus is you will never see this beyond purchase day, anyways.

Time to stop thread camping,
Good Night!

Btw, does anyone know WHY all graphic cards face down?
Makes no sense to design women and other fancy stuff on the card when you can't see anything of it.

Btw, does anyone know WHY all graphic cards face down?
Makes no sense to design women and other fancy stuff on the card when you can't see anything of it.

the people at IEEE and ANSI arn't perticularly concerned with asthetics.

Moot point for me too as I will never buy or recommend Sapphire after the way they treat customers with problems.
The graphics are crap though :)

That has got to be the ugliest POS excuse for 3D graphics I have ever seen. I wouldn't take that card if they were giving it away. I know it faces down, and I couldn't see it, but I would KNOW!!!!

That has got to be the ugliest POS excuse for 3D graphics I have ever seen. I wouldn't take that card if they were giving it away. I know it faces down, and I couldn't see it, but I would KNOW!!!!

We've already have proven it is 'shopped.

I wonder if there is money to be made in video card skins.... I'd prefer abstract, non-human/animal designs, that way I don't feel obligated to name it and treat it to dinner after buying it for $300+

I wonder if there is money to be made in video card skins.... I'd prefer abstract, non-human/animal designs, that way I don't feel obligated to name it and treat it to dinner after buying it for $300+

Honestly, there is probably little money. Given what I have experienced, it's probably the CEO/CTO/Chief Product Designer's son/daughter who draws up these skins...

I used to see a gal with dreads, they did smell a little funky if you stuck yer face right in em, but they made awesome handles.

@Skakruk
That.... is awesome! (drool animation here).

@jojo69
hmmmm I guess I didn't pay that much attention!

Whaddya mean by handles?

Those pics are real fyi. Too many photoshop experts popping out of nowhere.

That was based off of a strange overlap seen in the angled shot. (check the forums where people were flaming on this - it's on the first page of this thread).

Why would they put that ugly POS over top of that sexy flat black cooler?!

Seriously women don't belong on computer components in my eyes. (not in a schovenistic way)

Edit: now that I think about it I tend to hate any animal/robot/or human on a video card sticker

Back