Sapphire wants to replace my X1900XT with a X1950Pro

Contact them. Demand to speak to a supervisor or someone in charge. Otherwise you will be waiting forever.

Well, I found a phone number for Althon Micro, Inc. :

280 S. Paseo Tesoro
Walnut, California
U.S.A. CA 91789
Tel: (909) 594-3128
Fax: (909) 594-9771
Office hrs: 9am - 5:30pm (PST)

I guess I'll call and feel them out. *shrug*

LOL..."No one is available to answer the call...leave a message."

Who works for this outfit? Trained seals? :)

I tried to post a complaint over at the Sapphire Forums, but my account isn't activated or something. Before I registered, I noticed someone named "Unhappy_Customer" and decided to grab the nick "Another_Unhappy_Customer." I wonder if they're not activated my account for that reason?

Maybe I'm just getting paranoid. :(

Well if you tried calling today you might not get anyone because it's holiday!! I remember I RMAed a X850XT AGP a while back, they sent a replacement but it was a X850XT PCI-E LOL good think I was migrating to PCI-E at the time. Also, if you bought the card from Newegg you should have tried to RMA through them, if the card was not in stock at the time they would have refunded you the price you paid at the time of purchase. Good Luck and I hope you get something resolved, hey if if they have so many x1950Pros in stock ask them to send you two.

Well if you tried calling today you might not get anyone because it's holiday!!

Good point.

nicepun said:
I remember I RMAed a X850XT AGP a while back, they sent a replacement but it was a X850XT PCI-E LOL good think I was migrating to PCI-E at the time. Also, if you bought the card from Newegg you should have tried to RMA through them, if the card was not in stock at the time they would have refunded you the price you paid at the time of purchase. Good Luck and I hope you get something resolved, hey if if they have so many x1950Pros in stock ask them to send you two.

Actually, I already did (see earlier post in thread). :) They said no.

Got trashed by the super moderator over at the Sapphire forum...oh well. I shouldn't have expected anyone to actually help. PTHTHTHT

Got trashed by the super moderator over at the Sapphire forum...oh well. I shouldn't have expected anyone to actually help. PTHTHTHT

I saw that.

There is a reason why my last 3 video cards have been EVGA brand. :cool:

I saw that.

As long as you buy it from Newegg you are covered when it comes to Sapphire Video cards because you can RMA it through them. But yes, EVGA partners are pretty damn good when it comes to warranty stuff.

Wow. Just WOW... That post by the moderator at the Sapphire forum is really disgusting.

Imagine if EVGA offered the "upgrade" of an 8500GT when your 7900GTX fizzled... lol.

Under that guys logic, that's a "newer generation" and therefore an upgrade. Just sad...

I saw that.

Yeah, I wrote a quick reply, but I'm pissed enough that I erased it so I could at least vent my frustration more fully before I'm banned. :)

Wow. Just WOW... That post by the moderator at the Sapphire forum is really disgusting.

Imagine if EVGA offered the "upgrade" of an 8500GT when your 7900GTX fizzled... lol.

Under that guys logic, that's a "newer generation" and therefore an upgrade. Just sad...

is it just me, or would one visit to the Sapphire official forums completely make my mind up to NEVER buy a product from them......this guy seems to have complete control over the forums with nobody policing him....he just blatantly curses and slams paying customers when they have legitimate issues and complaints......

thats just horrible publicity for a vendor man...this is where people who paid money to Sapphire for products come for help with issues, and you know, before you linked to the thread in question over there, i was reading through several other threads, and in almost every single one this guy was completely rude, arrogant, and everything a person should not be who is supposed to be helping

i think he must be 14 yrs old with a complex of sorts.....thats the vibe i get

I would say a resounding "NO" to that. Ask for the same or higher.

Not to beat a dead horse or to derail the thread - but I had the worst experience with Sapphire after my X1900XTX ("The Hairdryer" as I like to call it) died. After three months and having to send the replacement card back twice (replacement had issues with graphic glitches and artifacts with certain games - completely recreateable on any machine) AND after being told if the last card didn't work I'd have to (and I quote) "sell it on ebay" - you can tell Tony (Althon Micro) and Sapphire to go fuck themselves. I will never make the mistake of buying a Sapphire card again.

Now that it's too late to do anything about it, I did buy that card from NewEgg, but I thought they only covered replacements for a short time. The warranty from Sapphire was for two years. The card started going out about six months ago, but I'm pretty sure I was into the second year of ownership by the time I got around to the RMA.

I guess I should ask NewEgg what their policy is. :( Probably too late for that...D'OH!

BTW, I responded to Mr. Super Moderator over at the Sapphire Forum and now he's all pissed. He trimmed my post. Damn.

This is what it said:

Gr33nGecko said:
Heya,..

It's normal practice to offer the next model up if the card in question is discontinued or unavailable .. Just because you had an X1900XT doesn't mean that you'll get an X1900XT equivalent, that's jumping up x3 models ..

If you refused the upgrade

You have got to be joking. You are calling giving me this:
X1950Pro

Core clock: 580MHz
Memory clock: 1400MHz
PixelPipelines: 12(36 Pixel shader processor)
VIVO: No

in place of this:

X1900XT:

Core clock: 625MHz
Memory clock: 1450MHz
PixelPipelines: 16(48 pixel shader processors)
VIVO: yes

an upgrade????

Just for emphasis:

x1900xt%20vs.jpg

Are you insane??? Just because 1950 is a higher number than 1900 doesn't make it an upgrade! If you'll notice, the numbers that matter (core clock, memory clock, pipelines, benchmarks) all go DOWN. That's why it's a DOWNGRADE.

Gr33nGecko said:
then you're going to have to wait until they find a spare X1900XT

-snip-

Yes, normal turnaround for a production card replacement can be 4-6 weeks depending on where they find one

Again, you're nuts. They said it would take two weeks, not 4-6. Also, most reputable video card manufacturers cross-ship nowadays.

Gr33nGecko said:
you refused the upgrade so you'll have to wait until they find one or don't and offer you something else. It's not like they offered you the GT model now, is it ?

Again, he calls it an "upgrade"...didn't you pass remedial math?

Gr33nGecko said:
Bit paranoid of you to be thinking "" I didn't speak up about it because I was afraid they'd make me wait longer or send a defective replacement. "", that's just unfounded paranoia - stop the LSD, it's bad for that !!

Someone who takes Prison Planet seriously shouldn't be giving me advice about paranoia. Sorry, but Alex Jones goes way too far. The government faked the cell phone calls? Yeah, right. There might have been something fishy about 9-11, but Alex Jones makes anyone doing serious inquiry look...what's the word I want? Oh yeah. Paranoid.

And Althon Micro did try to shaft me by offering me a downgrade (see chart), so expecting more shenanigans from them isn't paranoid. It's wise.

Gr33nGecko said:
Oh, and BTW, what are "who" here gonna do about it? This is a USER based HELP forum and NOT an OFFICIAL support site - if you want "THEM" to do something about it, then you'll have to use the support ticket submission thing or contact your regional RMA/Tech office and get an official answer

I've already tried official channels. I guess I was hoping someone here would actually be helpful. I guess I was wrong. You're not only rude, you're also thick as a brick.

Gr33nGecko said:
which they've already given you and are evidently trying to find you an X1900XT again ..seeing as you refused the first offer. You'll just have to wait until they can or can't find one and let you know about it .. if they can't, then you've got to make a choice about what card you wish to accept in exchange for a discontinued and unavailable card.

Again with the "upgrade." :rolleyes:

Once more for the "shortbus," paranoid super moderator:

Giving me this:
X1950Pro

Core clock: 580MHz
Memory clock: 1400MHz
PixelPipelines: 12(36 Pixel shader processor)
VIVO: No

in place of this:

X1900XT:

Core clock: 625MHz
Memory clock: 1450MHz
PixelPipelines: 16(48 pixel shader processors)
VIVO: yes

x1900xt%20vs.jpg

is NOT an upgrade.

Geez, if I don't get some satisfaction by tomorrow, I'm calling the media.

Now that it's too late to do anything about it, I did buy that card from NewEgg, but I thought they only covered replacements for a short time. The warranty from Sapphire was for two years. The card started going out about six months ago, but I'm pretty sure I was into the second year of ownership by the time I got around to the RMA.

I guess I should ask NewEgg what their policy is. :( Probably too late for that...D'OH!

well, i think Sapphire's own customer support forums super moderator has ensured that nobody here (no pun intended) will ever buy a Sapphire card.....and i am not saying this because i moderate at EVGA, i personally own a XFX video card right now

i still think Kyle should do a comparative article as to WHY ATI add in board partners tend to be lacking so much when compared to Nvidia AIB's.....i mean we all know that the top three NV AIB's have the absolute best warranty/rma policies and track records period, but why such disparity? what exactly is it about ATI partners that keeps them from giving the same level of service? this is bugging me.....

well, i think Sapphire's own customer support forums super moderator has ensured that nobody here (no pun intended) will ever buy a Sapphire card.....and i am not saying this because i moderate at EVGA, i personally own a XFX video card right now

i still think Kyle should do a comparative article as to WHY ATI add in board partners tend to be lacking so much when compared to Nvidia AIB's.....i mean we all know that the top three NV AIB's have the absolute best warranty/rma policies and track records period, but why such disparity? what exactly is it about ATI partners that keeps them from giving the same level of service? this is bugging me.....

It's bugging me, too, probably more than it is you at this point. ;) It doesn't help that people like Mr. Super Moderator try to justify unjustifiable company policy. Unreal.

I really need to read more Hard|OCP. I bet I could have avoided this incident. Arrrggh!

Okay. I need to do something else or my eyes are going to start artifacting worse than the X1900XT I RMA'd to the bottomless pit of Sapphire customer support.

I'm off to feed my snakes. I'm going to pretend the mice are gr33n g3cko3s. :)

Holy shit he just slammed us yanks. How the hell this guy became a mod over there i dont know.

Viewing that forum and this thread guarantees that I will NEVER buy a Sapphire product ever. Good luck!

I guess the mod at the Sapphire forums has never tried to RMA a card through Sapphire. Anyways I tried calling the same number and got the same response, but like everyone is saying it is a holiday so that can kind of be expected even though I didn't get the day off. I do see his point on the whole 1950pro being an upgrade though. It all depends on how the individual company handles its charts on their video cards. For example some will go by newer card offerings being the upgrades or they will go by pricing. In this case Sapphire is obviously going by the newer cards being the upgrade instead of the price, unless the 1900xt became discontinued and was at one point in time offered at a discounted price, which happened to be equal or lower in price than the 1950pro. I can not recall this happening at any point in time because if it did I am sure I would have had someone I know pick one up at the low price since it is a pretty good performing card. If you have a defective card that was once a high end card or a crown card then you should get a high end card or crown card. I personally like this way of handling an RMA the most because it makes the most sense since you forked out the money to purchase a new quality high end product and you did not technically receive one. Now I am sure there are going to be situations out there were this last method is going to be put to the test, which pretty soon is probably going to happen because of the 8800gt being priced lower than the cards that are considered weaker than it, but we all know that a company knows how their product performs compared to other products, don't let them fool you. If a company ever claims they do not know how well their product performs I will be the first one to run in their door and tell them that the competition has low end cards that are priced less than a 100 dollars that are twice as fast as their 500 dollar card offering. I don't know about any of you, but I would personally love to pick up a 2900xt for less than a hundred dollars. The funny thing is imagining how Nvidia would react to the new price, I guess they would finally have to drop their prices on the 8800 series and we might get the 9xxx series possibly.... maybe...... in another year??????? Nvidia do you hear me???????????? Fine I hope AMD/ATI kicks your, you all know where this is going I will stop now.

I would say a resounding "NO" to that. Ask for the same or higher.

Not to beat a dead horse or to derail the thread - but I had the worst experience with Sapphire after my X1900XTX ("The Hairdryer" as I like to call it) died. After three months and having to send the replacement card back twice (replacement had issues with graphic glitches and artifacts with certain games - completely recreateable on any machine) AND after being told if the last card didn't work I'd have to (and I quote) "sell it on ebay" - you can tell Tony (Althon Micro) and Sapphire to go fuck themselves. I will never make the mistake of buying a Sapphire card again.

Wow. That is totally insane. I can't believe this shit. Man, if I knew half of what I've read in this thread, I would have never bought a Sapphire card.

You're supposed to sell a non-working card that's under warranty on eBay???? WTF?????

I know there's a shortage of 8800GTs, but if I put in an order now, do you think I could get one in a reasonable amount of time? I'm beginning to think this Sapphire crappola is not going to end well.

NewEgg Question: Do you think I could get Althon Micro to send back my video card and try to handle this through NewEgg? This is looking really bad.

I'll try to get in touch with NewEgg tomorrow to see what their RMA policy is.

Holy shit he just slammed us yanks. How the hell this guy became a mod over there i dont know.

The thing is, I bet my political beliefs are similar to his. I just can't buy that Alex Jones crap. Instead I bought that Sapphire crap. Man, I'm gonna get totally shafted. :( :( :( :( :(

Man, Sapphire should be notified that their email is being posted on this forum. Maybe that will get Sapphire to think more carefully again.

Good job on exploiting Sapphire's actions. They should have at least offered you a HD2900Pro.

Hey, look at what I posted on the Sapphire forums suggesting that the moderator be put into re-consideration concerning the possible damages done to Sapphire's reputation. That moderator certainly had a death wish (or "suicidal," if diagoned by a psychologist).

link: http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/forums/showthread.php?p=101110#post101110

Here's a copy of what I said:

Dear Admin of Sapphire Forums,

Gr33nGecko has conducted a very un-professional and uncourteous manner in reacting toward a sincere customer, Akasha, as seen here:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/forums/showthread.php?p=101076#post101076

Gr33nGecko has probably already done an unforeseen amount of damage to Sapphire's reputation, with an estimated worth reaching 6 digits, or perhaps 7 digits if covered across a year's span of revenue.

Employees like that should never be employed by a respectable company that wants to thrive in business, and should be quickly disposed of, or at least turned into janitors.

Sincerely yours in service,
Bo_Fox

NewEgg Question: Do you think I could get Althon Micro to send back my video card and try to handle this through NewEgg? This is looking really bad.

I'll try to get in touch with NewEgg tomorrow to see what their RMA policy is.
That's probably the best course of action. Hopefully Newegg can help you! From what I hear, their customer service is very good. Just be polite and I would think that if you explain the situation, they can probably do "something" for you.

I've never owned a Sapphire card and I don't think I ever will. ATI needs to convince their partners to start providing warranties more similar to Nvidia's partners. It can't be helping their sales...

It appears that Sapphire underestimates the power of the internet. Responses like that on the support forum are uncalled for. I will never buy a Sapphire part now that I see how owners are treated, and I am sure many others feel the same way.

There are too many good companies that try to help the end user. I sincerely hope that moderator is not an employee of Sapphire. It is a terrible impression of the company if that is how they support one person with a failed card. An X1900 series card is not extremely old. Certainly they can afford to provide the owner with a slight upgrade if necessary. The money lost on the slight upgrade would have been less than the money they just lost in potential sales...

It appears that Sapphire underestimates the power of the internet. Responses like that on the support forum are uncalled for. I will never buy a Sapphire part now that I see how owners are treated, and I am sure many others feel the same way.

There are too many good companies that try to help the end user. I sincerely hope that moderator is not an employee of Sapphire. It is a terrible impression of the company if that is how they support one person with a failed card. An X1900 series card is not extremely old. Certainly they can afford to provide the owner with a slight upgrade if necessary. The money lost on the slight upgrade would have been less than the money they just lost in potential sales...

I agree, I think you need to email their customer service with some logs of that thread, even though they said its not an offcial support forum, it still is somewhere where people can find out their options.

IMO he wasn't being rude in his first reply though.

but Sapphire should replace your card with a 1900xt or higher. Keep calling and talk to customer service first

Sapphire needs to realize a broken card is a business OPPORTUNITY.

If you buy a card, and it does exactly what you expected it to do for 5+ years... You are not overly impressed, since that's what you EXPECTED when you purchased it. A completely bug free, working card does not in itself inspire long term brand loyalty. On the other hand, if you buy a card and it has issues after a few months (as ALL electronic devices seem to, at one time or another lol)
and the company bends over backwards to make absolutely sure you get a working, perhaps HIGHER level replacement... Are you not more likely to be completely sure to buy their products again?

I think that people are far more likely to be brand loyal after a PROBLEM that is handled correctly, than they are if the item simply worked as it was supposed to during it's lifetime.

Customer (dis)service on the level descibed in this thread is more destructive than can be measured. A moderator calling us "geek virgins" will surely not inspire me to purchase Sapphire in the future.

Slinging insults in forum threads is part of what the internet is all about... just not by mods representing a company that WE keep in business.

I really can't believe that is the official Sapphire forums. Maybe you just ended up at some fansite? I simply can't fathom the people in power reacting that way. Any real professional company would allow the customer to complain, analyze the problem and offer a solution.. not call them names, say they are lying and ban them. Absolutely terrible representation of an obviously terrible company.

First post, long time reader.

My only thing is with the sapphire forum mods who keep saying "no one here works for sapphire"

then my question is

HOW THE HELL DID YOU BECOME A MOD OF a SAPPHIRE FORUM?

and of thier support forum no less.

My last 4 cards are EVGA (just ordered a 8800 GT) after reading this i think for the time being am staying with nvidia for another couple years :).

ATIs partners are not on par with nvidias... in terms of warranty matters or customer sanctification

Did you guys read this? wow is all I have to say...

Sapphire Forum said:
Heya,..

Well, I wonder how HardOP's website would feel knowing that their kids were acting like that over someone's inability to read correctly .. Not my fault that she couldn't get the gist of what I was explaining to her .. ah well, retards defending retards by the looks .. maybe they're all geek virgins, saw she was a woman and tried to defend whatever it was that needed defending in the hope of getting some .. The world never ceases to amaze me !!

All tongue in cheek of course, people like them just make me laugh ...

GG

Real mature :(

haha this BS is front page material

"I wonder how would sapphire feel if they knew their forum mods don't know the meaning of customer service"

btw, I think you should head over to www.ati.com and shoot their customer serivce an email too. who knows maybe some pressure from above will smite them!

Yea that mod talks to people with the level of maturity of a 13 year old arguing with a parent.

Wow, arguing and defending your ego is more important than making the customer happy? That's really, really sad. I'll never buy a Sapphire product.

This really needs to get on digg.

That Gr33nGecko asshole tried telling me that a 480w psu producing 33a of power isn't good enough for a x1950pro (the box asks for 480w and 30 amps). Since then I have moved up to dual cores with an even bigger overclock, and my psu isn't buckling in anyway. I think he tried to compare antec psu's with aspires.

I would like to Thank sapphire forums and Gr33nGecko, they lost any new purchases from me when I talked to them earlier in the year, but now hes going and fucking up customer rep for sapphire with other people.

Sapphire, can you really afford this assbag being a mod on your forums when all he does is kill your reputation? Especally when your rep is on tilt as it is?

And yeah, this should be on digg.

Back