SATA backplane boards

LoneWolf

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a vendor that sells individual backplane boards for SATA hard drives?

I'd like to set up backplane boards to easily dock/undock the drives from my Antec P-160 case. Through some custom modding, I think this could easily be done. However, since the drives are already in individual trays, I need individual backplane boards to adjust for proper height and clearance. I would need four of them; if anyone knows where they can be obtained, I'd appreciate it.

If not, maybe I'll need to fashion one of my own.

I know Newegg has several listed in the server section. They usually fit into 5-1/2" slots.

I know Newegg has several listed in the server section. They usually fit into 5-1/2" slots.
All I need is the interface board the drive connects to. A cage/enclosure/chassis won't really be what I'm looking for.

All I need is the interface board the drive connects to. A cage/enclosure/chassis won't really be what I'm looking for.

Doubtful you will find just the interface board. Best bet is to go with a cage/enclosure/chassis as mentioned above. Will be cheaper and easier in the long run.

Dude I so know what you're after and I'm so after the same thing, Let me know if you find any, likewise if i hear of where to get any I'll drop you line. If their something that needs to be bought in bulk I'd consider purchasing a bulk load to sell on

Back