Savrow SR-71 or Coolermaster Praetorian

ReNeGaDe*

Limp Gawd
The time has come for me to build a new pc and after using a Ttake Tsunami in my lastest one, I have decided to never buy a case with doors again :rolleyes:

So I have narrowed it down to the two cases I would like to use. They are:
Savrow SR-71 (I'd add a window and maybe paint the front)
http://www.savrow.com/site/sr71.html

Coolermaster Praetorian (I'd add a window and maybe some blowholes)
http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...erial=PAC-T01&other_title=+PAC-T01+Praetorian

I'd get both in black most probably. I believe the Savrow is a version of some old case that's beeen out in the US by Globalwin I think. I like that because it's nice and spacious inside and II've read some very good things about it, but there's only two things about it. The first is that the front is made of plastic :( and the second is that it looks a bit ugly to me (but nothing a bit of modding couldn' sort out ;))

The problem with the coolermaster is that it's technical features are nowhere near as good as the SR-71's e.g it only has 80mm fans and so on, but I think it looks nicer from stock and also a big plus (or more a minus for the savrow) is the fact that the front isn't made of plastic.

So which case do you guys think is better? Are there any other cases that you'd suggest?
TIA
Parag

I am just curious why did you not like the Ttake Tsunami and having a computer with a door? I have built almost all of my computers with doors on them. The SR-71 case does look nice!

My Tsunami is very beautiful indeed, but because of the position in which I keep my PC, the door gets very annoying, as I have to move my pc to gain access to the drives and power and reset buttons :( I do like the Tsunami but I'm finding it a bit crampt inside. I should have it sold by Thursday, as right now it's got 9 watchers on ebay and I've had a few email offers :)

Praetorian all the way... imo, it's the sexiest ~$100 case out there right now.

That Kingwin is fairly nice, I'll just have to find somewhere in the UK that sells it before thinking about it

Gotta go with the black one.
The detailing inside the case makes it oh so nice.

Praetorian is sexy. So is the Blackbird. Plastic bezels are NOT sexy. That and you can get the anodized drive covers for the newbie drive stealthing on the Praetorian.

Lian Li PC 61

Always been a Lian Li fan myself.
The coolermaster is the better of the two I see there though.
Plastic cases just dont work for me anymore.

Woah man, I didn't realize the Lian was so cheap. I'm going to have to take another look at that line of cases.

i like the sr71 cause i have never seen one before... so it would be kinda original... but i am done with steal cases. too hard to mod and too heavy. so pretorian.

OptPrime said:
i like the sr71 cause i have never seen one before... so it would be kinda original... but i am done with steal cases. too hard to mod and too heavy. so pretorian.

The SR-71 is all aluminium except the plastic bezel and steel mobo tray

Brando457 said:
get the wavemaster :p

I was originally gonna get one, but I've decided that I'd rather go for a more traditional case, as I've read that the Wavemaster isn't that good for oc'ing. Also i heard that the Tsunami Dreams is better (albeit a ripoff, but it's still better) and I've got it right now and despite looking like the dog's danglers it isn't all that great function wise

the wavemaster is the same internal chassis as the praetorian, its EXCELLENT for OCing, better than myt wo lian li PC65B's, and my PC52B , the two front fans on the lian li run straigh tinto the two hot hard drives, its pointless, in the cooler master prae/wave you have the option of putting the drives above/below the two intake fans to let some nice cold air in :D

Back