Saw the hp w2207 at frys today...

The glossy screen coating can make all the difference in the color saturation..

I am looking for a 22" monitor and really can't decided which one to get. I do not play games on my computer and was wondering if anyone has this and can give a review?

I think the HP 22" looks like ass especially when it was sitting right next to their 19" widescreen model. The 19 inch was crisp but the 22 inch had horrible banding and I could see the panels grid lines and also the screen door effect was obvious.

I saw this today too. It does look good when straight on, but from top to bottom color bleeding occurs heavily.

I was looking for a thread about this monitor because having in my memory the HP w19b's great picture - phenomenal colors and exquisitely sharp characters -thought that the 22 incher must be at least as good. I haven't seen it so far. Tomorrow I am going to CC to look it up. If I won't like it I'll probably buy the Sammy 226bw. The 22 inch monitors all have TN panels, so the vertical vision angle is sometimes much narrower than that of other TFT technologies. However, there are quality issues among the TN panels as well. Sammy's 226 S vs. A panel controversy is but one example. I only hope that the w2207 will live up to my expextations. There's one more thing though which tempers my itching for a new monitor. Many other manufacturers haven't come out yet with their new monitors for 2007. Yeah, Viewsonic's 2255 which I haven't seen yet live, from some internet sites looks like the 2230 plus the webcam and some other nonessential item that I can well do without. My hope is that it'll be even better than the 2230 and the speakers done away with.

I was looking for a thread about this monitor because having in my memory the HP w19b's great picture - phenomenal colors and exquisitely sharp characters -thought that the 22 incher must be at least as good. I haven't seen it so far. Tomorrow I am going to CC to look it up. If I won't like it I'll probably buy the Sammy 226bw. The 22 inch monitors all have TN panels, so the vertical vision angle is sometimes much narrower than that of other TFT technologies. However, there are quality issues among the TN panels as well. Sammy's 226 S vs. A panel controversy is but one example. I only hope that the w2207 will live up to my expextations. There's one more thing though which tempers my itching for a new monitor. Many other manufacturers haven't come out yet with their new monitors for 2007. Yeah, Viewsonic's 2255 which I haven't seen yet live, from some internet sites looks like the 2230 plus the webcam and some other nonessential item that I can well do without. My hope is that it'll be even better than the 2230 and the speakers done away with.

Another monitor I'm looking forward to, I hope they tried to one up the vx2025wm this time, wher ase the 2230 was actually a small step down

Back