Scanner Computer mod

nice mod but um, lose the LOL's and such from your worklog. Makes the mod seem, well, childish? Dunno, my opinion....

Nivram said:
Replies welcome here, or to the e-mail addy I have on the website.
OMG, how could you run Win ME on such a good mod? Besides that you did a great job man. Next time load some Linux or at least win2k, cause ME just stinks. BTW, what are you using that machine for? Looks like it will be some sort of secondary machine for you. It's much nicer in specs than my secondary machine thats for sure!

That_Sound_Guy said:
nice mod but um, lose the LOL's and such from your worklog. Makes the mod seem, well, childish? Dunno, my opinion....
yea, i agree, too many LOLs... those are for talking on aim with like 5 year olds :(

however, i think its a wonderful and original mod, i have never seen a computer in a scanner before... ive seen it in toasters, monitors, amps, printers, cardboard boxes, mailboxes, payphones, etc, but never in a scanner, maybe im just blind but i never saw that :eek:

and why winME??? :mad: ;)

Alright, I've trimmed the LOL's, tho it was just my way of showing how much fun I was having finally getting the mod on a webpage, for others to enjoy. No biggee, eh? :rolleyes:

As far as why WinME, it's cuz I did some work on a guy's computer, and he didn't want the WinME it had loaded on his computer. I told him I'd take his COA sticker in leiu of cash, since I can always use another one of those (that, and the fact that I'd heard he's usually slow paying, it just made more sense to me to do that). I don't use this machine for anything special, so using ME is no big deal. The onboard video only uses 32mb of shared memory, so it's not as though I'll be using it to play games or anything. I just wanted to see if this mod would work, and it did! :cool:

Thanks to those of you with the kind words. I dunno if that fan pushes 31cfm or not, but it does push more air than the stock fan on a Volcano 10 heatsink, which is rated at ~22 to 23 cfm. The temp differences prove that, imho.

Back