Sceptre 37" 1080p w/ ATSC tuner @ NewEgg $799 AR

Blahman

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824112174

Not quite as good as the Westinghouse LVM-37w3, but still a great deal, plus it comes with a tuner which the Westy doesn't. Reviews seem mostly positive with a few naggling things, like the shared HDMI and DVI connection.

edit: actually I see some of these going for $650 on eBay if you're into that. edit2: the eBay ones are used/scratched/scuffed, NewEgg's are new in box.

I've been contemplating this monitor ever since newegg went OOS on the Westinghouse 37". The sale seems to have been going on since at least June 8th (rebate keeps getting renewed). I've read a lot of pages on the avsforum about it and it seems to be decent. The build quality isn't so hot though. Plus, Sceptre doesn't have the greatest customer support but neither does Westinghouse.

I just picked up a used one from ebay for $520 and love it. Gaming will never be the same. Just like the other users that use a 1080p hdtv as a monitor, my computing experience has been changed forever.

Yes, the build quality is cheap and there's limited inputs (1 hdmi, 1 vga, 1 component, 2 rca/s-video). I'm currently using 1080p through vga with a 7800gt and BF2 is amazing.

If you are willing to spend the money, definitely go for it. I was actually considering this deal from newegg until I saw it on ebay.

I was offered 2 warranty through SquareTrade for $40. I have a 7 day return policy from the seller and he lives within driving distance, so I will probably op for the warrant after the 7 days.

Back