Sceptre X22wg-Gamer or LG L204WT???

HardLiner

Gawd
Sceptre X22wg-gamer
Display Type ..........................TFT LCD
Viewable Screen Size .............22 inches
Display Area ..........................473.76 mm x 296.1 mm
Display Colors ........................16.7 million
Input Video Signal ..................DVI..../....HDMI...../......VGA (15-Pin D-Sub)
Speakers ................................Integrated
Contrast Ratio..........................1200:1
Brightness ...............................300 cd/m²
Response Time ........................5 ms
Horizontal Viewing Angle ..........170 degrees
Vertical Viewing Angle .............160 degrees
Maximum Resolution ................1680 x 1050
Cabinet Color ...........................Black
VESA Mounting Compliant..........VESA 100mm
Unit Dimensions (WxHxD) .........21.9" x 19.0" x 4.5"
Unit Weight .............................12.23 lbs.
Power Consumption .................60W

PRICE....................................$369.97 Canadian

LG L204WT

Display Area .......................20.1" TFT LCD
Maximum Resolution ..........1680 x 1050
Video Aspect Ratio ............16:10
Brightness ........................300 cd/m2
Viewing Angle ..................160 / 160
Response Time .................5ms
Surface Treatment .............AG(3H)
Horizontal Frequency.........30 ~ 83 kHz
Vertical Frequency ............56 ~ 75 Hz
Resolution ........................1680 x 1050
Output Connectors .............D-Sub, DVI-D
Dimensions with Base ........(WxHxD) :46.6 x 9.2 x 30.6
Weight ..............................4.87kg

PRICE..............................$349.99 Canadian

I was going to get the LG L204WT but I came across Sceptre X22wg, it is

2 inches bigger then the LG L204wt
It has a HDMI port the LG does not
built in speakers the LG does not
The same resolution 1680x1050 as the LG
has the same 5ms response time as the LG
has 2 USB ports the LG does not
the LG has a contrast ratio of 2000:1 the Sceptre is 1200:1

Is there something wrong with the Sceptre brand??? it is only $20.00 bucks more but is 2 inches bigger ,has 2 usb ports has a HDMI port and built in speakers??? what is wrong here?

Personally I would get the Sceptre, because I watch a lot of movies and the extra 2 inches makes a noticable difference when viewing from distance. What would you be using it for? Gaming, web, photoshop?
One thing though, most people have not been able to get the USB recognized in XP, not sure if there's a remedy for it, could search the main thread. Also the built in speakers on the Sceptre (or any monitor for that matter) are total crap. That being said, I'd still get the Sceptre for the extra 2 inches. The HDMI is nice too for PS3 or an upscaling DVD player.
Cheers

I want it primarily for gaming but also want it for hooking up my satellite receiver to watch hdTV. ...is that possible?

It says Sceptre X22wg-gamer but is it really good for gaming? Does it ghost at all when playing BF2 or call of duty??

1.ghosting is my number one worry
2.being able to watch hdtv on it with my satellite receiver is a close second.HDCP compliant?

If Anyone owns one could you please tell me if it is good for gaming and hdtv.

Where did you find this monitor for that price in canada? I am thinking of getting that screen as well.

I own the LG...its beautiful.

But I dunno, Sceptre got some decent reviews...but the LG has a whole thread of people who love it.

clone#13 said:
Where did you find this monitor for that price in canada? I am thinking of getting that screen as well.

HERE

I made a link in my first post,all you had to do was click over Sceptre X22wg-gamer

Riddlinkidstoner said:
I own the LG...its beautiful.

But I dunno, Sceptre got some decent reviews...but the LG has a whole thread of people who love it.

I know, I was all set to get the LG after Christmas but the HDMI port and the extra 2 inches on the Sceptre kinda made change my mind.I'm still debating it,if i new the image quality on the Sceptre was as good as the LG then it would be a no brainer but I'm a not sure what to do.

im still a diehard q3 player and ghosting was a serious issue for me. Playing it on the sceptreX22wg mointor is not a problem. I have it at native res running 333fps (333 is actually useful since the q3 engine has a phyics bug). The ghosting (if any) is very minimal to the extent that its not noticeable to dam near everyone. So far my biggest problem with this monitor is it dosent turn on as snappy as my L90D+ did. Even that dosent bother me enough to really care.

Is the 1200:1 contrast on the Sceptre real? The 2000:1 of the LG is dynamic, the real contrast is something like 800:1 or 700:1.

i have the non gamer version of the scept. Its the same thing but 8ms repsonse time and 800:1 contrast. I personally love it.

HardLiner said:
HERE

I made a link in my first post,all you had to do was click over Sceptre X22wg-gamer

Hardliner,

Yeah I realised that just after I posted....sorry for that. But I think that's a good price for a monitor, at 22" and with HDMI. I wish I can find a local store here in Montreal that has it on display.

Isn't LG an 8 bit panel, and I'm assuming none of those cheap 22 inch panels are 8 bits. (Chi Mei, Acer, Sceptre, etc...)

BTW Tigerdirect has Nikko brand 22 inch monitor 5 ms response time, with 700:1 contrast, for $299. It probably has same panel.

clone#13 said:
Hardliner,

Yeah I realised that just after I posted....sorry for that. But I think that's a good price for a monitor, at 22" and with HDMI. I wish I can find a local store here in Montreal that has it on display.

Same here, I only have reviews to go on because there is no store here in N.B that I can go out and compare them to....besides future shop witch doesn't carry sceptre.

I'm debating between the same two monitors. From what i've read, the Sceptre has some pretty significant backlight leakage. How's the input lag?

i have the x20 20.1 wide screen one as well as the 20.1 gamer version of the same monitor. both are in dual display mode with a gt7850 nvidia card.

the gamer version has better refresh rates like 5 ms or something but the x20 has better viewing angles.

i recommend spectre if you dont want to pony up for a sony or samsung's more expensive models.

for ~$400, spectra 22" seems sweet. i may add that as a third monitor!

I'm in the same boat. Nearly decided on the L204WT, but the greedy part of me kind of wants the extra two inches. Seeing 22" in person is pretty impressive. Unfortunately, I've seen pics of Sceptre 22"ers with really bad backlight leakage. I guess it becomes a question of do I want the L204WT which I *know* is a good monitor, or the Sceptre which is a bit larger, but might not be good at all? I'll probably end up going with the L204WT. If I could buy the Sceptre in a B&M store like I can the L204WT, I'd probably go with the Sceptre since I could just easily take it back.

ive seen really bad pics of the backlight leekage too, im going with the LG probably, waiting to see the 22" LG that comes in january

I've also been over the fence for some time now trying to decide between the L204WT and one of the 22" monitors (this after spending months narrowing the options to these two choices lol). Because all the 22" seem to suffer from backlight bleeding or other issues and realizing that a 22" would be too big for my not so wide desk, I went and ordered the L204WT couple days ago. The only real drawbacks of the L204WT is that it doesn't come with a DVI cable and the stand is flimsy and only tilts, but I already have a DVI cable and regardless of what monitor I was gonna get, I was gonna get an lcd arm for it, so those problems didn't affect my decision. This will be my 1st lcd, hopefully all goes well. I just wish I had made this decision 1 day earlier, then I would receive it before x-mas. :p

Back