Sceptre x24wg-Naga 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - 2ms NO mir $199

hmm so tempting, plus you can get 10% cashback so it adds to 181.99 shipped!, anyone has one of those and can give us any feedback?

i cant vouch for these lcd monitors but a company i worked for we bought 5 sceptre 32" tvs used for network monitoring and they were on continously for 24/7 for 1 year and never had a problem compared to our dell screens. I would say these should be just as solid..just my opinion anyways

Central Ohio, 'eh? Me, too.

Damn nice deal. I'd jump on it if I hadn't just gotten an Asus VW266H. Or if I had more room on my desk along with my 19" secondary display. Not a fan of TD anyway.

The 2-year extended warranty is $5 cheaper than the 1-year. :confused:

got one of these last black friday for around the same price. picture and simple controlls are pretty good but the viewing angle is real narrow (not really a con for a $200 1920x1200 pannel)

i have this monitor, the colors are a bit washed out compared to my benq, and there are some issues using hdmi to dvi input with a ps3 but apart from that its worth 200 bux totally.

Mine came in today.. I got a freaking stuck green pixel in the middle of my screen.. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

Mine came in today.. I got a freaking stuck green pixel in the middle of my screen.. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

I have had the non-hmdi version of this for over a year. This monitor is great. 2ms response can't be beat, 1080p and 1900x1200 native resolution, but yes the colors are a bit washed out. And I have one stuck green pixel slightly to the right of center on this screen. Both Newegg and Sceptre do not consider this defective and will not replace them. Don't even try, you'll be wasting your time and breath.

Dell Had the same policy, you need 5 or more dead pixels.. a while ago i ordered a 24 inch and it had one dead pixel so i lied on the phone and said there were 7 dead pixels and they replaced it.

Though dell probalby has a lot better service than TD . lol

Because someone down the line is going to check the monitor and realize you lied. Your product didn't meet the return policy, but you lied, and they agreed to replace it. You took advantage of the company and its policies. The more it happens, the stricter the company will become, and it could affect people who really do have problems that are covered by return/refund policies.

No. It's lying customers that ruin it for honest ones.

Because someone down the line is going to check the monitor and realize you lied. Your product didn't meet the return policy, but you lied, and they agreed to replace it. You took advantage of the company and its policies. The more it happens, the stricter the company will become, and it could affect people who really do have problems that are covered by return/refund policies.

I fully agree with you. It screws the legitimate people over.

How would lying about how many stuck pixels you have ruin it for the honest customer?

Oh yea update: A red stuck pixel made an appearance now... :(

You know you can use a pixel flasher to get your pixels unstuck?

Also, you can massage the stuck pixel if the flasher does not work, all you need to do is rub the screen on the dead pixel as if you were to massage a hamster or something :p Works great.

Well I think that policy takes advantage of customers. Why should you need 5+ dead pixels to validate a return? One dead pixel to me, is a defective product, especially a green one, direct center of the screen.

Well I think that policy takes advantage of customers. Why should you need 5+ dead pixels to validate a return? One dead pixel to me, is a defective product, especially a green one, direct center of the screen.

I take it you don't know your displays well. A green stuck pixel is NOT a dead pixel. A dead pixel is black and has no color nor ever will.

Read my above post, you can clear a green, red, or whatever color you have that is stuck with quite ease. Stuck pixels are common, you can have your monitor for a year and then all of a sudden get one.

Dell Had the same policy, you need 5 or more dead pixels.. a while ago i ordered a 24 inch and it had one dead pixel so i lied on the phone and said there were 7 dead pixels and they replaced it.

Though dell probalby has a lot better service than TD . lol

I fully agree with you. It screws the legitimate people over.

You know you can use a pixel flasher to get your pixels unstuck?

Also, you can massage the stuck pixel if the flasher does not work, all you need to do is rub the screen on the dead pixel as if you were to massage a hamster or something :p Works great.

This does not work on any "stuck" pixels I've ever tried it on. I ran the pixel flasher for 10 hours straight with no results. Same thing with massaging (and there's a good chance you can damage the LCD surface while doing it), all because a company sold a "new" item and don't consider it defective unless it has 5 or 7 pixels or more dead... cmon.

This does not work on any "stuck" pixels I've ever tried it on. I ran the pixel flasher for 10 hours straight with no results. Same thing with massaging (and there's a good chance you can damage the LCD surface while doing it), all because a company sold a "new" item and don't consider it defective unless it has 5 or 7 pixels or more dead... cmon.

^Exactly.

My new pixel friends (who i now call red light green light) are still cheerfully playing on my LCD even after using all three methods (software flashing screen, massaging, and tapping). These companies did *NOT* create their 7 stuck pixel policies in reaction to customers lying to them- prove to me how this could have been the case please.

And should I really play the role of Honest-Abe just to "comply" with the rules of some huge-margin gaining business who sent me this crap?

stuckpixel.jpg

Sorry, but i'm going to take the route that doesn't require me to have to intentionally create 5 more stuck pixels just so I can not have my LCD viewing not ruined by a defective product. :)

Back