Screen protector & stylus' for iPad Air?

PsycoGeek

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a screen protector for my new Air I know about Zaggs' offerings, but would like input on others, like Moshi & 3M, and any others that are out there. Tell me what you like and dislike about each, and please post links ( both manufacturer and where you bought it).

One of the things I'm concerned about is using a stylus with any of the screen protectors. I would like to get one that I can use with a pressure sensitive stylus for drawing/sketching/photo editing. Please post your thoughts ann recommendations for stylus' as well, for drawing and general use too.

I hate the zag shields, they diminish the screen quality too much and lack in oleophobic ability.

So ... No one is using a pressure sensitive stylus to draw with, or a screen protector with their iPads?

So ... No one is using a pressure sensitive stylus to draw with, or a screen protector with their iPads?

I use a Smart Cover to protect the screen when the device is not in use. When I'm actually using it, I don't want anything restricting input or causing glare. Danger to the screen is most present when the device is not being used, at least in my usage habits. The Gorilla Glass the screen is made from is a hell of a lot stronger than some flimsy piece of plastic covering it, and the really heavy-duty protectors are made out of thin glass and cause glare while restricting input. Unless you have diamond-tipped fingernails, I don't understand the point of a screen protector on a device with a glass screen. Doubly so if you want to use a stylus with it, since anything that's not as smooth as the original glass is going to restrict the movement of the stylus.

Doubly so if you want to use a stylus with it, since anything that's not as smooth as the original glass is going to restrict the movement of the stylus.

That is one of the reasons I'm asking. This is my first tablet and I wasn't sure if it made sense. I may be getting a Logitech keyboard and case, or one of the Touchfire "keyboards" when they are available (which comes with a cover too).

However... I'm not the only person going to be using it. The wife will on occasion, but I may not let my son use it. He's 17 and quite careless with his own stuff at times (most of the time)... :rolleyes: ... teenagers.

I've ordered a general use stylus from Hand and a pack of replacement tips. For drawing I'm looking at both the Jot Touch 4 from adonit.net, and the JaJa from hex3.co.

P.S. I hate fingerprints on screens while you are trying to read something... :confused:

Last edited:
Back