Screens of HL2, Doom3, etc on the x800 pro

That one caught my attention too! I didn't even know that it caught yours too.

That one looks like real life! (without the gun)

yeah i was looking at those earlier. that's on a pro! not xt. freaking incredible. i cant wait until i get mine :)

these two games are going to own my life when they are released

/i will have no sleep, be unshaved, and probably not eat for days and days except for cans of mountain dew :D i might as well go ahead and get me a bucket to pee in right from my chair

:eek: :eek:
no words are needed to describe them

and yes i agree the your favorite is also mine :D

wow....i got a new background to look at!

thank god i got a free halflife2 voucher

and, are those numbers in the top right the FPS count? because he can pump up the res if they are...

Looks great, but I'm hoping i'm doing the right thing by waiting for next cycle.

retardedchicken said:
:eek: :eek:
no words are needed to describe them

and yes i agree the your favorite is also mine :D

wow....i got a new background to look at!

thank god i got a free halflife2 voucher

and, are those numbers in the top right the FPS count? because he can pump up the res if they are...

yeah i want to see how well it perform with full settings @ 1280x1024

Check out page 12 of the thread for some stalker screens, another HOLY SHIT from me, and as a bonus someone posted some screens of the Far Cry HDR tests, #2

Holy Shit! Did anyone catch the 6800U pics of Far Cry on page 13? Can anyone confirm if they are legit?! I've never seen Far Cry look that good.

Vagrant Zero said:
Holy Shit! Did anyone catch the 6800U pics of Far Cry on page 13? Can anyone confirm if they are legit?! I've never seen Far Cry look that good.

Later on in the thread they get into it. It comes w/ the 1.3 patch (not the one next week, but the one after) and the HDR path is turned on. Can't wait to see THAT at 1600x1200 on the x800xt.

Brent_Justice said:

/i will have no sleep, be unshaved, and probably not eat for days and days except for cans of mountain dew :D i might as well go ahead and get me a bucket to pee in right from my chair

I'll be in much the same condition...not that it would be different from most days...:)

-eMpTy

Neural Interface said:
ohhh so nice, but I must admit most of them look just as good on the 9800pro ;)

yeah they mite look just as good but i dont think you'll be getting anywhere near those framerates with a 9800 unless your core is running near 700MHz(to get near the same theoretical fillrate) and you have some godly samsung that OC's like it was blessed by baby jesus himself. ;)

B1zz said:
yeah they mite look just as good but i dont think you'll be getting anywhere near those framerates with a 9800 unless your core is running near 700MHz(to get near the same theoretical fillrate) and you have some godly samsung that OC's like it was blessed by baby jesus himself. ;)

So if I have my memory blessed it goes faster?

-eMpTy

eMpTy said:
So if I have my memory blessed it goes faster?

-eMpTy
Not just by anyone, by baby Jesus :D . True, I can make Far Cry look like that. Doesn't run all that hot though.

101998 said:
Later on in the thread they get into it. It comes w/ the 1.3 patch (not the one next week, but the one after) and the HDR path is turned on. Can't wait to see THAT at 1600x1200 on the x800xt.

heres wot the poster said about running it on an x800

"True HDR rendering (OpenEXR from IL&M) is possible only with NVidia NV40 (GF 6800).
ATI doesn't support floating buffer blending and filtering which are required for high precision OpenEXR HDR. But... HDR on ATI cards also possible but it's a bit tricky and with less quality (Paul Debevec's RGBE8 format approach)."

Torquemada XP said:
Heh...I like the screenshots of Duke3D.

Haha yeah i liked that too. Instantly brought back memories. Yeah the shots look pretty awesome, Far Cry looked really cool. Man I gotta start making money so i can do that upgrade I have been dreaming about for the last year.

101998 lets face it. Your favorite pic has a problem. Look at that tiny little heater on the right. It would have never been placed in a room so big. The game makers should have used some commen sense here.

JHefile said:
101998 lets face it. Your favorite pic has a problem. Look at that tiny little heater on the right. It would have never been placed in a room so big. The game makers should have used some commen sense here.

:rolleyes:

JHefile said:

lol nothing like having a warm bathroom to take a leak in :).....if that is even a bathroom ;x

looks just like my 9800pro i see no difference in the rendering. however, im sure its faster :)

ohhh man those pics are so hardcore. Except for the nfsu they look really ordinary

Brent_Justice said:

I'm with ya.

Back