Screws for Fans into Radiator

MOZZ

Limp Gawd
Hello
i got my GT 240 Radiator and some fans. Just wondering whats the best kinda screw to mount the fans to the radiator? The screws that come with the fans are way too big for the holes in the rad. Just wondering what everyone uses. Thanks!

The radatior did not come with screws?

It should have come with screws that are the proper lenght to attach your fans without damaging the rad. Email dangerden, I needed some extras and they gave me 20 screws for $2.50 :)

nope the rad didnt come with any screws.
it was just a hardware labs GT 240.

Damn. Try going to home depot to buy those big long screws.

well i dont really need long ones i got one of thoes radgrilz so i can mount that to the case and the top side of the fans to that.. but i just need smaller screws to mount the bottom side of the fans to the radiator.

Sheetmetal screws are what you need. They've got a variety of sizes and lengths at your local ACE/Home Depot/Lowes and even Wal-Mart.

I usually drill/tap the rad to accept 6-32 screws (one of two standard threads commonly found in PCs).
I also only mount through the lower flange (instead of using a longer screw and running all the way through the fan body) since the rad faces are rarely flat and it's easier to deal with during installation.
Like so:
fanscrew.jpg

Back