Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120 x 25 1850 RPM - Out of Stock

Sneak

Limp Gawd
I have been looking for a couple of these for some time now. Every site I go to is out of stock in this one and most of the other versions. The only site that had an ETA was New Egg and that came and went with no stock. Is it just that these fans are that popular and sell out or is this fan going away? Any ideas? I wanted two of these to put on a Corsair H70 in a new build and it is the only thing I can't find.

Word on the street is that a new shipment is being sent out later this month. The demand must just be waaay higher than the production capabilities.

I'm in the same boat man. Ive been trying to find some for a couple weeks now with no luck. Finally broke down and bought some Scythe Kaze's.

Frozen CPU is out of that RPM range as well, although they have others of the same model in 500 and 4250 RPM.

They've been in and out of stock worldwide for over a year. Last time they were in stock i bought 12 extras just in case. I'm sure with everything going on in Japan, its only going to get worse.

Yea I bought 6, 2 or 3 months ago because I knew I was going to need them for my new build. Been sold out ever since. Think they sold 200 in like 5 days on Frozencpu. Next time I see them in stock I'm picking up a few more just in case.

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, I keep running over to Frozen hoping but nadda.

Glad to know some are on the way. I wonder if the 4250 RPM can have the speed adjusted at the fan? I may look into that. Kind of loud at 4250 I bet.

When the 1850's hit I may stock up as I can actually use more than 2.

I really like my 1850's. They move alot of air for very little noise. I just hooked one up to test on a fan controler and at the lowest setting on the fan controler all I could hear was my water pump.

I wouldn't say they move a lot of air for very little noise, but for the amount of air they move they are relatively tolerable compared to the vast majority of fans out there. At 1850 RPM they sound like many 1200 RPM fans out there and the 92 MM fans are even better! Love these fans. Try your luck at SVC, their customer service is great at keeping you updated on the status of their GTs and they have some of the best prices.

They've been in and out of stock worldwide for over a year. Last time they were in stock i bought 12 extras just in case. I'm sure with everything going on in Japan, its only going to get worse.

this

I expect supply issues to just get worse from here on out for a variety of reasons. I believe the Nidec Servos are manufactured in Korea not Japan, but who knows where components come from. It's not just the Godzilla nuclear earthquake situation either. The economy is in a fucking shambles and companies are very shy of stocking extra inventory. The whole "just in time" logistic model often results in "not in time" delivery as any hiccup anywhere in the supply chain borks your timeline.

Also, we are running low on cheap oil...it is not getting any better from here IMO.

plus the rumor mill seems to be that they are being discontinued, but thats been going on for over a year now...

Happy and Sad to know that I'm not the only one who can't find any. It's hard to beat these for a H50 puch/pull config.

I just received by UPS today my two Gentle Typhoon 14 1450rpm from Cooler guys and they are fast to ship. However I check again today and they ran out of both 14 and the 15. Ebay just had a bunch came in this morning for the real fast ones like the 31 and 32 which is over 5400rpm and this evening they are all gone and just the slow 13 are left. Amazon just had a new shipping of the 31 5400rpm but it may be gone by the time you read this. Of course the the 5400rpm is not quiet at all. I will be comparing my new Gentle Typhoon 14 with my Noctua NF-P12 fans. I will be installing the new fans later on Saturday and already I am impressed by the built quality with thick fan blades and the lowest bearing fiction I ever seen in a computer case fan.
I wanted to add that my new Gentle Typhoon 14 is built in Indonesia and uses .049 amps running and .210 amps starting. Weight is 200 grams. The motor is made by NIDEC SERVO CORPORATION which is a Japan company but I not 100% sure if the motor is made in Indonesia or not.

Last edited:
Well I found some. They are over in the UK at Quiet PC. Price is higher than here; well not higher than New Egg; but the shipping is about $14.00. They right now have 85 of them in stock. I have emailed Ellen over there about 3 times and I get a reply within minutes. I searched around and they look to be pretty reputable. You can also pay by credit card or Pay Pal but you have to do Pounds Sterling. They calculate your order in US dollars for US shipment. So you know what the right cost is.They ship to the US a lot.

And the link: http://www.quietpc.com/us-en-usd/products/casefans/gt-120-1850

I ordered two. Will let you know how fast they get here and info in case anyone wants to know. They say it should take from a few days to 2 weeks. Will see!

Scythe Gentle Typhoon Fan 1850 rpm what about here? i dont know them never dealt with them

Jen

WIth that outfit they charge $6 for shipping and $10 for small orders under $75

At this point I am glad that I did not order the 1850rpm model since my 1450 version is fast enough for my needs and I have to keep the noise from going too high. My motherboard is able to control the fan speed by voltage instead of PWM which is good since most of the Gentle-Typhoon fan that I currently see are 3 pin.

Well I found some. They are over in the UK at Quiet PC. Price is higher than here; well not higher than New Egg; but the shipping is about $14.00. They right now have 85 of them in stock. I have emailed Ellen over there about 3 times and I get a reply within minutes. I searched around and they look to be pretty reputable. You can also pay by credit card or Pay Pal but you have to do Pounds Sterling. They calculate your order in US dollars for US shipment. So you know what the right cost is.They ship to the US a lot.

And the link: http://www.quietpc.com/us-en-usd/products/casefans/gt-120-1850

I ordered two. Will let you know how fast they get here and info in case anyone wants to know. They say it should take from a few days to 2 weeks. Will see!

Well Quiet PC says if the order is in over there by 1530 their time that it will go out the same day. And if not it goes out the next. I had to watch the times as they are 7 hours difference from me. My order went out exactly as they said. Now to see how long it takes to get here. They Air Mail orders to the US. :)

I'm tempted to order a few just to have in case I ever need more Gentle Typhoons. I love GTs!

Well I got mine from Quiet PC over in the UK. They shipped it the afternoon of April 12 and I got it today April 19 about 11:00 in the morning Texas time. Just a bit less than 7 days counting the weekend.

Not bad considering. I have had Amazon take that long with Super Saver Shipping. :)

Last edited:
Bought a couple ap-14 gentle typhoons from platinummicro.com a couple weeks ago and didn't have any problems getting them in. They seem to have them in and out of stock, so that site might be worthwhile checking.

Trying to find the AP-15 versions is like trying to find the elusive Yeti.

The AP-15 versions are available at Amazon and Ebay not sure the availability by the time you read this. There is some price gouging going on.
The AP-31 is available and I am sure it is a real screamer.

These are in stock as of today at quite a few places so get them while they're (AP-15) still available.

yes, everyone has them now. Jab-Tech and Koolertek shows hundreds in stock. Koolertek has 10% off code just for AP-15s through 5/4/11. Code AP15KT.

Back