Scythe SCY-RK2CS05 : a carbon fibre sheet to replace thermal grease!

IanM

[H]ard|Gawd
Scythe SCY-RK2CS05 @ Scythe Japan

xKawudy.jpg

This caught my eye at Cowcotland, it's in French so the article as translated by Google says:

History stand a little competition in the field of cooling, Scythe has decided to offer a product that can replace the thermal paste.
This is the SCY-RK2CS05 , a sheet of carbon fiber measuring 35 x 35 x 0.5 mm ...

If this material is well known for its thermal conductivity, the manufacturer does not announce any figures, allowing us to see roughly where it is. No price yet, even in Japan or availability date in Europe. But we try to find in September during TGS
It looks really interesting!

I'll be happy if it really works. This will take a lot of effort and precision out of heatsink mounting. No more pushing the syringe plunger too hard and gooing everywhere, a mistake which i make literally every damn time i mount a heatsink.

the product features description from the Japanese page translated by Google:

• Carbon fiber heat conduction sheet
    • is highly filled with carbon fiber, the thermal resistance in the thickness direction
    • and ultra reduction.
    • Compared with thermal conductive sheet of the related art, and has a high thermal conductivity.

• High quality "Made in Japan"
    • I perform strict quality control by the Japanese made.

• High thermal conductivity product lineup
    • can withstand the demands of harsh thermal environment under CPU, server, and communication module
    • I was selected high-grade "high thermal conductivity lineup goods".

• Easy handling
    • work unlike radiation grease, and paint is not required.
    • In non-stick type, easy maintenance.

• Long-term stability is improved
    • compared to the heat dissipation grease, and lower the cooling performance and dry out
    • without that aging is small and is melted by the heat,
    • re-use of repetition is possible.

• Optimize sheet size CPU!
    • It becomes the custom size to have the versatility to be able to respond to the magnitude of the heat spreader of AMD processors Intel and the current.
    • To the possibilities by applying other devices by cutting.

Back