Seagate 1.5TB hard drives

NukeULater

Gawd
I noticed the low prices on these massive Seagates, but I read that they are having firmware issues. Has this been resolved yet? Its just that I have a lot of valuable information on my drives and I can not afford to lose it.

No I can't afford the new WD 2TB drives...:(

I own two and have had no problems with either of them. I would take advantage of the low price. If the drive has problems then it has a 5 year warranty.

I also own two, one here, one at home. Working ok so far, but crossing my fingers for no problems. Original had SD17 firmware so I updated that after I formatted. The drive I just got came with the CC1J firmware and it seems to be working well. I've transferred about 350GB in the past day and it has been working ok so far.

I have two. The first was a CC1H that I got on black friday and the second I just got this past monday and is a CC1J. No problems out of either of them. They are running in a WHS box I built.

Have 6 that had SD17 and have been updated to SD1B. They've been in a RAID6 array since late November and up 24/7. I'm about to buy another to slap in a system.

5 with SD17 factory shipped firmware, flashed to SD1A, later flashed to SD1B; no problems.
1 with CC1G; no problems.

...So far! :eek:

I have four and havae not re flashed mine.They work great and i will prolly pick up some more because of the great pricing.

I have 8 of them. Some had the firmware issue. After updating the firmware, they are fine. Most of the drives sold now should not have the firmware issue.

I've had one for about a month now, no issues. I updated to the SD1B firmware about a week and a half ago. Seems like the problem with the 1.5TB drives has been fairly well addressed now.

Careful...it looks like warranties are dropping to 3 years instead of 5.

Back