Seagate 1.5tb SD1B causing bsod's

Methadras

Supreme [H]ardness
I update the firmware on my seagate 1.5tb to SD1B and that went off without a problem. I cloned an older, fuller drive to the new seagate and used it as my primary bootup drive. After a couple of days of use it seemed to be working without a problem, but when I went to an install of a fairly big program I got a BSOD. It doesn't do it at any other time except whenever I try to install this larger program. It get's stuck at 3% and BSOD's. So what I did was switch back to the original drive and installed this program and it did it without a problem or a BSOD. My question is, is it possible for a hard drive of this size to BSOD a system and has anyone else had this problem?

I'm running a P5Q Deluxe with a q6600 G0, 8800 ultra, 8gig of G.Skill DDR2 800 Pi. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you.

I've got a SD17 firmware drive that I've flashed to the revised firmware (SD1B?) in my WHS as a server backup drive. I haven't had any problems and I backup to it once a week.

I've got a SD17 firmware drive that I've flashed to the revised firmware (SD1B?) in my WHS as a server backup drive. I haven't had any problems and I backup to it once a week.

I'm using this as my main drive.

Back