Seagate 2TB 7200RPM Internal $85

BFD. Takes less than 60 seconds to remove from the case, and warranty follows the drive not the case.

I think that depends on the drive inside the external. I cracked one open, checked the warranty on the bare drive and it came up as OEM: contact OEM manufacturer for warranty.

I think that depends on the drive inside the external. I cracked one open, checked the warranty on the bare drive and it came up as OEM: contact OEM manufacturer for warranty.

I had the same result when I opened my external 3TB seagate. Effectively means no warranty for me on that drive.

I had the same result when I opened my external 3TB seagate. Effectively means no warranty for me on that drive.

And this is why I keep skipping on the external drive sales. I havepurchased a few over the years and I've never gotten one with a warranty on the bare drive. I'm sure they are out there, just never the ones I've purchased.

It's a shame too because I really need some new drives to replace a couple failing ones in my media server but I want to step up to the 3TB drives and phase out my old 2TB ones...

If you want a Toshiba and hate opening cases you can get a 3TB 7200RPM internal for $115, code EMCXSXV37

If you want a Toshiba and hate opening cases you can get a 3TB 7200RPM internal for $115, code EMCXSXV37

That Toshiba is a solid drive! I have one in my Main for my Steam Games and my games load up much faster than the 2TB Hitachi I had previously. I got a giggle when I saw that Hitachi also made the Toshiba drive too.

I have one in my Main for my Steam Games and my games load up much faster than the 2TB Hitachi I had previously.

Was the old one a 5400 RPM drive? 5KXXXX model or a 7KXXXX model?

BFD. Takes less than 60 seconds to remove from the case, and warranty follows the drive not the case.

This is not always true. I've purchased several external drives which I converted to internal over the past few years and, for the majority, the warranty is void if you remove the drive from the case.

This is not always true. I've purchased several external drives which I converted to internal over the past few years and, for the majority, the warranty is void if you remove the drive from the case.

But not Seagate.... WD I know for a fact voids your warranty.

I wasn't talking about any other drives. This is a thread about the Seagate 2TB. I've purchased dozens of 2Tb, 3TB and 4TB models of Seagate externals - 100% had warranty without case. I've even tested the RMA and got a replacement back without issue.

Back