Seagate 300GB PATA 16MB Cache - $89.99 - NO MIR

not trying to be an ass but its been posted twice now. Still a good deal though.

nice... thanks for the deal

this is the lowest price i've seen for a retail drive w/out a MIR... and since i always forget to send out the damn MIRs, this is the cheapest drive for me :D

also, to answer the question above, i've had very good luck with seagate drives... i have two of the 7200rpm 16mb models running 24/7 in my TIVO for the past 2 years (and that's a small box with little cooling) and they've performed flawlessly... also, they're very quiet, so they're perfect for a bedroom, or HTPC, tivo, etc.

fireburster said:
not trying to be an ass but its been posted twice now. Still a good deal though.
If you weren't trying to "be an ass" you wouldn't have posted :p

Hmm, it says limited 1 per house hold. Has anyone tried buying more than 1. I've got 2 in my cart and it's letting go through checkout just fine.

they also have a Maxtor 200gig SATA drive for $69.. i picked one up this weekend @ frys.

Well just ordered 2, we'll see what happens. Most likely, they will email or call me and tell me that they can only sell me one.

/me wonders if it will let me order 3 on the same card (different orders) to 3 different addresses...Id have to buy a new raid card and they are still only PATA...if these were SATA even for $10 more Id probably get them but doubt it this way.

Im still waiting for the midnight madness rebate on this drive.

Its a good price.

I remember getting my 300 giggers for 100 afr.

If I needed more storage I would hit another pair of them

*yes, you can get multiples sent to your house ;)

illig said:
i have two of the 7200rpm 16mb models running 24/7 in my TIVO for the past 2 years (and that's a small box with little cooling) and they've performed flawlessly... also, they're very quiet, so they're perfect for a bedroom, or HTPC, tivo, etc.

Quick question; do you have the 300GB models in your TiVo?

If so, how do you get around the large drive limit under the version of linux that the TiVo is running?

I was always under the impression that the TiVo couldn't see any more volume on a drive than like ~150GB or so. I bought a 120GB for my TiVo because of this. Are the new Series2 TiVos running a different Linux kernel or something and can see larger drives?

sc0tty8 said:
Its a good price.

I remember getting my 300 giggers for 100 afr.

If I needed more storage I would hit another pair of them

*yes, you can get multiples sent to your house ;)

Yep, looks like you can purchase multiple drives. Just got the shipping notice for the 2 that I ordered w00t.

DriveEuro said:
This same drive is also $79.99 in store at Frys.
The 8MB cache version is $79.99. I picked up 2 of those. :p

Last Friday the 16MB cache version was $89.99 in-store, but when I went yesterday the sign was taken down. It may still be $89.99 but I didn't ask.

Back