Seagate 300gb SATAII 16mb 7200rpm $90 shipped

Wow, thats really hot! $0.30/Gb! Free shipping too!

Edit: Oh, Only 1 per household though.

aznpxdd said:
Got a question, would this work on a regular SATA 150?

Yes, lol, this question gets asked so many times its not even funny.

how does the 1 per household work? can i use 3 different shipping addresses but the same credit card?

RiDDLeRThC said:
how does the 1 per household work? can i use 3 different shipping addresses but the same credit card?

Maybe, but generally the problem there is you'll need to change the billing address on your credit card each time, and until they've charged your card, you can't make that change.

Even if you didn't have to do that, I'd consider using a temporary card number (most CC companies do this on their website) for the amount of the purchase....that way the card number and the address change each time.

RiDDLeRThC said:
well i have 3 different cards but they have the same billing address

Well then i guess....... technically speaking that is.....

you're fucked :)

hot diggity! I've been holding out on the hard drive purchases, but always have a hankering for getting another one at a good deal! thanks OP!

I picked one of these bad boys at my local Fry's Electronic! :D

Thank goodness for retail boxes... I was out of SATA cables.

pretty good deal for a 300gb SATAII drive, I bit 0o, finally upgrading into the SATA world ;P

RiDDLeRThC said:
well i have 3 different cards but they have the same billing address

Here's what you do. Order one on each card and change the billing address of the card to the one the address you're shipping it to. After the card is charged (presumably that day or the next day), change it back. Just make sure that any addresses you change aren't at the end of the billing cycle, or you bill may go to the other address....though I guess if you trust them with an HD, you probably turst that they won't use your bill to steal your identity.

I just picked up two of these at my B&M Fry's in Sacramento. You can get past the one per household deal by using separate credit cards (Or use cash), not sure about online though.

5 year warranty too!

heh... I just got their weekly email ad with the hard drive listed in it today.
Funny how the deal sites can kill a special before the ad gets out. :D
mine's on the way

2 questions on these guys.

1.) Does this drive have the HD power & 4pin molex options like the WD drives or just the regular HD power?

2.) If I ordered one of these now when they're OOS, will outpost send me one at that price when they come in or will it not let me finish my order?

kamal007 said:
is this 7200.10 or .9?
FYI the .10s are 320GB and use perpendicular recording. The .9s and prior do not.

I just got two of the 7200.10 320GB drives (16mb cache) and they are nice.

joeshmo1985 said:

1.) Does this drive have the HD power & 4pin molex options like the WD drives or just the regular HD power?

2.) If I ordered one of these now when they're OOS, will outpost send me one at that price when they come in or will it not let me finish my order?
I don't know about these in particular but my guess on #1 is that they only have the SATA power connector as that's been the case with older Seagate SATA drives I've used (and new ones like the 7200.10s).

joeshmo1985 said:

SATA power only, no 4pin molex

Sold out at my local Fry's. Had to get a raincheck. Hopefully they get in the same model and not something new.

I got this hard drive last week from Best Buy @ $130, before I paid $140 with tax! That was their "sale" as well.

It is a fantastic drive. The fastest I currently own. Buy this immediately if you haven't already.

If only I had waited a little longer. :p

Silmatharien said:
I checked on their pricing to Canada and they want to charge $45 just for shipping. screw that.

Holy crap! Were you looking at the hard drives made out of marble? That is rediculous...

Stu55 said:
Holy crap! Were you looking at the hard drives made out of marble? That is rediculous...

heh, they don't offer any options for shipping. I could buy it retail in Canada for cheaper.

I went ahead and got this to replace an aging 160 gig IDE hard drive I have in my server. Now I have to figure out what to do with all that extra space.

Back