Seagate 320GB Serial ATA/300 16MB @ Frys $59

Burpy did you see tracking info on the web first, or did it just arrive?
I ordered 2 on Nov 23.. they still show "In Process" with no ETA

BTW thanks OP. This was pretty [H]ot vs other BF deals

Great price for this drive. Looks like 320GB is still the best bang for the buck.

Great price for this drive. Looks like 320GB is still the best bang for the buck.
Nope. There was a 400GB for $60 at Staples for BF. That has more bang/buck; 400/60 > 320/60. ;)
Obviously the 400GB sold out quickly so I just bought the 320GB from Best Buy.

will this Sata drive work in an 3.5'' enclosure that says USB 2.0 but nothing about eSata ?

That site is misleading. It isn't $59. They force you to use insurance which is $21-ish dollars. That makes it ~$80 total. It isn't hot at all. What a rip off.

ripoff.gif

Strange then. I can't explain why this is the case. Where are you located? I'm in Pennsylvania.

Burpy did you see tracking info on the web first, or did it just arrive?
I ordered 2 on Nov 23.. they still show "In Process" with no ETA

BTW thanks OP. This was pretty [H]ot vs other BF deals

I was able to track it right to my door. I just logged into my account and they had a link to tracking.

As for the forced insurance.. I have no idea whats that about, mine came up to $69 shipped. I have to pay tax. :p

Do they let you choose the shipping method? Mine was shipped DHL.

That site is misleading. It isn't $59. They force you to use insurance which is $21-ish dollars. That makes it ~$80 total. It isn't hot at all. What a rip off.

ripoff.gif

I've never seen that before... definitely weird.

I ordered this drive on Saturday and I picked ground shipping for 7 dollars. Not sure why its forcing you to pick insured USPS, must be your state.

I got the same drive 3 weeks ago for the same price at my local Fry's. :D Great drive, if you're wondering wether you should get it, do it.

I'm in for 2......I grabbed 2 of the Maxtors when they were 59.00 last month..:)

I can't seem to get past checkout.... :confused:

I want my drive, and stupid website keeps turning page failures when I submit... UUGGHH

Been on phone hold for 20 minutes, for second time today, trying to reach Fry's cust. serv.

OK... F**K customer service... they need to turn down their hold music, too. :mad:

Anyway, seems the issue must be with Firefox.
Internet Exploder seems to process the pages just fine.

It is <NOT> perpendicular recording as those drives would be the 7200.10 series.

I cannot find any info on the Seagate site regarding this drive. Can someone verify if this is a 7200.9 or a 7200.10?

Thanks!

Might want to double check your info there chief. I just bought this drive on Satuday from this same deal:

DSC_2426.jpg

DSC_2428.jpg
Wow seriously? I looked up the model numbers and it appeared to be a discontinued model that was not a 7200.10. Thanks for that info! And here I thought I was getting a low-quality drive.. :D

Picked up three of these over the weekend, very nice price. I would have mentioned something on here but I thought people would have noticed or that it was the usual price.

The model numbers are usuall whack... it was the same at Best Buy on Black Friday but I'm pretty sure those were also 7200.10 drives. TBH, you can tell by the design of the box I think. If it looks like this, it's 7200.10

I also ordered 2 and got a shipping notice this am but my bank account now does not show the pending amount. It's like it just disappeared and I am not being charged. Do you guys think they cancelled it?

I just hope the 7200.10 drives are more reliable than the 7200.8 and 7200.9 HDs were.

damn it .. i don't want to spend any money, but these would be great for a HD-PVR RAID.

I called the bank and they said the charge had been pending for 2 working days and the company put a stop on it. Wonder what happened?

In for 2.

Good thing I didn't waste my time trying to get to BB on BlackFriday for the same exact deal.

In for one 320 gigger,

I had already purchased the 650gig Pata deal for $109 + $7 shipping = 18 cents a gig = mass storage on the cheap.

Too bad i didn't purchase them together to save a few bucks on shipping :p

Back