Seagate 750GB for $379 @ Indianapolis FRY's

goud

Limp Gawd
This was rated the fastest SATA drive behind the raptor, and I believe it came close....

FYI, I think you can get it at Best buy for $280 or so with the 30% coupon.

That drive should hold all the pRon you guys would need:)

not to thread crap but you can get this drive for less brand new. FYI.

goud said:
Can you tell me the details please on the BB 30$ coupon?

Do a search in this forum for "30% coupon hack" or something like that. It is a long thread, you can't miss it:)

goud said:
This was rated the fastest SATA drive behind the raptor, and I believe it came close....

It beats the Raptor 150 at some tests. Good deal IMO.

goud said:

It's as fast or faster than the the 74gb Raptor, but not faster than the 150gb raptor, as I recall. On the down side, it's apparently a fairly noisy drive. Best to look at silentpcreview.com if noise is an issue. I wanted something fairly quiet (esp since after using my incredibly noisy maxtor 6Y250P0) and opted for the WD5000KS for 170 shipped (the only time I can think of actually getting a GREAT deal on ebay). It's barely audible.

But it's not as fast as the the Seagate (nor as big).

aZn_plyR said:
not to thread crap but you can get this drive for less brand new. FYI.

True, though I'm I think the that Fry's is selling is new too.

nilepez said:
It's as fast or faster than the the 74gb Raptor, but not faster than the 150gb raptor, as I recall. On the down side, it's apparently a fairly noisy drive. Best to look at silentpcreview.com if noise is an issue. I wanted something fairly quiet (esp since after using my incredibly noisy maxtor 6Y250P0) and opted for the WD5000KS for 170 shipped (the only time I can think of actually getting a GREAT deal on ebay). It's barely audible.

But it's not as fast as the the Seagate (nor as big).

True, though I'm I think the that Fry's is selling is new too.
What is the best external enclosure to quiet down this Seagate 750GB (ST3750640A) hard drive?

slacker6 said:
FYI, I think you can get it at Best buy for $280 or so with the 30% coupon.

That drive should hold all the pRon you guys would need:)

those coupons expired, unfortunately. i got mine for 280 out the door :cool:

I got mine from outpost last week for $325 I don't know if it is still that much but its worth checking out.

I bought the drive for $290 taxes included, but the drive is noisy. Not whisper quiet like the WD 320gb drive I have. I didn't pay for it to be quiet though, I need room. Subjectively my ears tell me that the Seagate is louder than my 74gb raptor.

Back