Seagate Backup Plus 4 TB USB 3 - $150

how is this a good deal? didn't buydig have 4tb for like 140 or something recently.

how is this a good deal? didn't buydig have 4tb for like 140 or something recently.

You should point out where we can get a 4tb hard drive for $140. The last sale posted here was for $139.99 at Staples and that was March 30th more than a month ago.

Decent deal especially if you can get it tax free. Same price I got this from costco a couple months back. You should note that these ones are hit and miss for the 5400RPM or 7200RPM internal if you are ordering online. From what I had heard the warranty on the bare drive is also hit or miss. Mine had a 3?(I forget off the top of my head) year warranty on the bare drive.

Decent deal especially if you can get it tax free. Same price I got this from costco a couple months back. You should note that these ones are hit and miss for the 5400RPM or 7200RPM internal if you are ordering online. From what I had heard the warranty on the bare drive is also hit or miss. Mine had a 3?(I forget off the top of my head) year warranty on the bare drive.

I guess the only way to know about the RPM is to open it? Ugh, I bought one recently and thinking of buying another and putting it in a 2-disk RAID enclosure. But if I get two different RPM speed that is not going to be good.

Maybe I should just buy two OEM internal hard drives.

Last edited:
I guess the only to know about the RPM is to open it? Ugh, I bought one recently and thinking of buying another and putting it in a 2-disk RAID enclosure. But if I get two different RPM speed that is not going to be good.

Maybe I should just buy two OEM internal hard drives.

If you buy it in store there was a trick to telling. If I recall there were two different ways they had windows 8 compatible stickers on it and one had the 5900 and the other the 7200. But buying it online you are going to be stuck with whatever they give you.

Newegg has it for the same price after promo code:

EMCYTZT3404

Just for those of you who have to pay tax at zon, and not NE, like me :)

Oh man, I really need to bite on a couple of these 3/4TB deals. I've got a bunch of old Samsung Spinpoint F3's (4x 1TB, 2x 2TB), and they're great drives, but I'm running out of drive bays in my case and the increased density would be a big help.

Any idea if these enclosures would accept non-seagate drives? Could I swap my 1TBs into these and use them as external backups?

Oh man, I really need to bite on a couple of these 3/4TB deals. I've got a bunch of old Samsung Spinpoint F3's (4x 1TB, 2x 2TB), and they're great drives, but I'm running out of drive bays in my case and the increased density would be a big help.

Any idea if these enclosures would accept non-seagate drives? Could I swap my 1TBs into these and use them as external backups?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. . . If I get time tonight I will try it out and let you know. I have a couple F3's in rig right now.

Go for it. It's just a run of the mill Sata to USB3 dock. To be honest, I had no idea it was a removable dock until I accidentally unhooked it.

I got one of these recently (for $139). I wish there was an on/off switch.

this exact model was $139.99 literally a day ago, and it was $129.99 in march, in this case, I WOULD hold my breath unless you need something now.

Still $149 at Newegg and includes some headphones now. Nothing great, but I needed a good large backup drive badly, so I jumped on it.

Back