Searching for l337 pr0b35 (temp probes, IR temp gun, db meter, etc)

Petra

Gawd
Wow, that's got to be the strangest thread title I've ever come up with....

Anyway, hey guys! Yeah, I'm trying to find some rather specific pieces of measuring instrumentation to use on computers and I was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit. Here's what I'm looking for:

-An inexpensive IR temp gun (you know... aim, push button, *bam* instant temperature reading)
-One of those temp probes that people stick onto the side of their CPU's die with thermal epoxy (for some reason they always look really tiny and I can't seem to find any like that)
-A very basic, standard temp probe that doesn't cost much (I've found a lot of bay modules that have this kind of temp probe but they're always these crazy multifunction things that cost like $40+ :mad: )
-An inexpensive decibel meter...preferably digital (I've found several of these but they all say like 40dbA-120dbA+ or 50dbA-120dbA+.... I need something that will pick up quieter things... like in the 15 or 20dbA-70dbA range. That is, unless those other meters will actually measure quiet stuff accurately too.)

Thanks for the help! (you guys rock :D )

Thanks lorcani, that's a pretty good price for a Raytek :)

...but I still need to hunt down all of that other stuff :rolleyes:

*edit* and, if I ever need to drop a computer out of a window or something, that radar gun thingie may come in handy :D

At the chemical plant where I work we use Raytek before working on steam lines and other hot vessels. I can say they are the industry standart for me.

Back