Seasonic PSUs x650 $138.99 x750 $153.99 90%efficiency, ewiz, free shipping, AC

Devistater

Gawd
Seasonic X750 750 Watt
https://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=PS-SSX750G&title=SeaSonic-X750-Gold-750W-Power-Supply
$168.99 - $10 (COUPON: APRILFOOLS10) -$4.77 (3% Bing Cashback) = $154.22 shipped

Seasonic X650 650 Watt
https://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=PS-SSX650G&title=SeaSonic-X650-Gold-650W-Power-Supply
$153.99 - $10 (COUPON: APRILFOOLS10) -$4.32 (3% Bing Cashback) = $139.67shipped

Free ground shipping.

ewiz charges California tax

Bing lists ewiz/SuperBiiz as 3%-5% cashback
Edit: Bing finally showed my 3% BCB

90%+ efficiency
Fan doesn't run until its needed, so at low power usage, this PSU is silent, and even at higher use, the fan is very quiet.

Has great regulation, rated at 3% across the board by seasonic
(on heavier loads 12v is actually more like 1% or 2%)

5 year warranty

x750 by hardocp
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/09/25/seasonic_x_series_x750_power_supply_review/
12533906384qAB20vsMt_9_1.gif

x650 by jonny guru
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=169

x650 by silentpcreview
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article986-page1.html

x650 by hardwaresecrets
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/837

I took this info from jonnyguru's review:
Code:
Modular Cables  
ATX connector (560mm)  20+4 pin  
4 pin ATX12V connector (570mm)  1  
8 pin EPS12V connector (570mm)  2  
SATA (350mm+150mm) 2  
SATA (440mm+150mm+150mm) 3  
SATA (540mm+150mm+150mm) 3  
5.25" Drive (350mm+150mm) 2  
5.25" Drive (440mm+150mm+150mm) 3  
5.25" Drive (540mm+150mm+150mm) 3  
3.5" Drive (150mm 5.25-3.5" adaptor)  2  
6+2 PCIe (580mm)  4

Last edited:
Wow, awesome deal wish I had the cash, and my HX520 has been serving me well for years.

Seasonic rocks - I bought a 600W PSU about 4.5 years ago. It's silent and it works efficiently. Too bad mine didn't have modular cables, so it looks a little sloppy inside the case. I assume the ones sold today do.

Too bad mine didn't have modular cables, so it looks a little sloppy inside the case. I assume the ones sold today do.

The X series (X650 and X750) are both fully modular. Even the ATX12V cable is modular. Seasonic's past platforms have also had lower-end models without modular cabling but otherwise fully identical to their modular counterparts. I assume a non-modular X series will be released sometime.

The X series (X650 and X750) are both fully modular. Even the ATX12V cable is modular. Seasonic's past platforms have also had lower-end models without modular cabling but otherwise fully identical to their modular counterparts. I assume a non-modular X series will be released sometime.
I see. But, I don't know why anyone would want modular cables if the non-mod ones are available. I can't imagine the cost savings to be that much for a PSU that costs well above $100. :confused:

I see. But, I don't know why anyone would want modular cables if the non-mod ones are available. I can't imagine the cost savings to be that much for a PSU that costs well above $100. :confused:

I've dealt with both non-modular and modular, and you couldn't pay me not to use non-modular.

After putting together a matx system, modular PS makes it 3x easier to route cables and helps with air flow/temps.

Guess it depends on application. Just my 2c.

I've dealt with both non-modular and modular, and you couldn't pay me not to use non-modular.
You have a triple negative in that sentence - 1 too many? Assuming so, I hear you. My next PSU will have modular cables. I wish my Seasonic did, but oh well, at least it's very efficient, albeit w/ sloppily routed wiring. :cool:

You have a triple negative in that sentence - 1 too many? Assuming so, I hear you. My next PSU will have modular cables. I wish my Seasonic did, but oh well, at least it's very efficient, albeit w/ sloppily routed wiring. :cool:

Yeah lol, sorry, meant I wouldn't use anything but a modular PSU.
But you caught my drift.

Damn 90% efficiency is crazy!

I picked up the enermax infinit 720 from microcenter for $60ar. Not fully modular and not 90% but close enough for $90 less.

Would be good in some of my rack cases where space is tight, maybe next year
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I just picked up a X-750 through ewiz's ebay page. Bing cashback nearly covered the shipping, so in total I paid $151.90 shipped. Oh yea, it is a great PSU.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Which was the biggest reason I bought one. My only complaint is that the cables are super stiff, but that comes with using larger-than-normal guage.
I like that idea. That means less resistance, more effeciancy, and its able to safely send more power through the cables.

Thanks for the headsup on that :)

when do coupons expire? i have 300$ tied up in paypal ugh *tho i kinda hope it expires before i have play money since i really dont need another psu hehehe

/drool

that 750 looks like what I want when I upgrade my modo to a crossfire or sli mobo.

when do coupons expire? i have 300$ tied up in paypal ugh *tho i kinda hope it expires before i have play money since i really dont need another psu hehehe

I think its expired now or quite soon, but from what I've seen, ewiz does a 10% off (up to $15) coupon once a month or more.

edit: I think one of these is the new one:
APPLE0215
DONUT0510

Let me know if these or the one in OP work or not. Sometime ewiz coupons only apply to specific items.

I thought the Corsair PSU was fancy and drool-inducing. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Do you mean the TX950W one? Its significantly higher wattage, about the same price, but not quite as effecient, not modular, and of course the fan is a little louder.

I picked up a 850W Quadtro from fry's for 99.99 this week, but this is a great deal as well.

I updated OP with new coupon, its only $10 off instead of $15, but its still a decent deal.
And I DID get BCB finally.

Back