Votes: 50 92.6%
  • Not a Good Power Supply

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Seasonic?

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Dan17

Limp Gawd
So I was looking at the Seasonic S12 600W Power Supply...good or no?

500W here, quite pleased. Plenty of connectors, SLI certified, runs quite efficient. Even with the fan locked at a near silent 800RPM, mine never gets hot under the load from my sig system.

Seasonics are definitely quality. The are highly efficient and quiet. 500w here, love it.

S12-500 here. Quality and quiet. The 600 is identical, except for the obvious. Go for it.

Good in general....right for you...maybe...maybe not. What system?

I'm creating an enitrely new system (a lighter, quieter one)...so it will have current products in it so I'll need a good power supply.

Well from the replies I've had here and the reviews I've found on the net, it looks like Seasonic is the way to go.

Thanks for the help guys,

...Dan

got a s12-600, love it. never hear it, youd have to put your ear up to it to tell the fan is spinning at idle. Rock solid. Definitely a good foundation for any level of pc.

I rest assured knowing my PSU is not ever an issue in my systems because its a s-12 600. I like knowing it can handle alot more than I throw at it so I won't need a new one for a good while. The fact that dual x1900xt's are supposed to require 38a on the 12v rail doesn't scare me. Even though it "only" has 36a.

Given that Seasonics are rated at 40C and that their high efficiency means that they rarely see such high temperatures, I'd be fairly confident in that as well. Haven't tested it though :eek:

i have a 430. it's completely silent, and silentpcreview reports the 430 more quiet than the 500 and 600 :). be warned, the 430 comes with no 6 pin pci e power connector. you need to have power comming from both rails to connect to the video card. the 500 comes with 1, and the 600 comes with 2.

During my search for a new PSU, Seasonic seemed like the perfect selection for my needs. Until recently when I ran across talk of Seasonics being delivered making a clicking noise as well as arriving DOA or lasting a short time. Now I have cold feet. Has anyone heard of any such problems?

Eoin

Back