Seasonic X Series: X-750 Power Supply Review @ [H]

Seems almost impossible to find... Newegg had it in stock for just a few hours...

The x650 seems easier to find. Is it significantly different apart from lower wattage?

No. The ONLY difference is the wattage and amperage. All cables the same, everything dimensions whatever.

Where can one buy the x650?

Checked everywhere online and can't find this PSU.

Well, looks like Techsunny never had them in stock!!! My order just got canceled as they would not be able to fulfill the order timely.

Looks like this PSU is sold out in all places..

Was looking to get this for my upcoming rig, but here in Norway we probably won't see any of these for a long time yet. No e-tailers have them even listed yet. I'll go with a Corsair instead I guess.

Hi guys i just registered here to "show off" my PSU.
I already was visiting a lot on the PC-A05 section so im not completely new ;).

Received the PSU two days ago but there is a problem, cant test it yet because im awaiting my new hardware including my PC-A05.

X-750.jpg

P1020665-2.jpg

BTW im one of the few lucky ones in Europe (The Netherlands) who received one from the first batch, i know that a hardware site in the Netherlands also received a sample from the same batch for a review.
SeaSonic Europe told me the first big batch wil be distributed half November.

Last edited:
*waves at Earzz*

Hello, fellow Dutch person :D

Glad to hear that those PSUs are becoming available here soon, I just might be tempted to pick one up next year for a new rig :)

These are finally showing up on NCIX (not in stock) but it's a start.

FYI, NCIX shows them as in stock this morning. I grabbed one will post if/when I receive it. (They show both the 650 and 750)

always thought of myself as a bit of a hardware snob and PSUs are a special bit for me (partially because so many people blow them off as unimportant) and I love Sea Sonic as well so this is great news for me
long story short
I cant wait 'till i finally get one! :D

Hi guys i just registered here to "show off" my PSU.
I already was visiting a lot on the PC-A05 section so im not completely new ;).

Received the PSU two days ago but there is a problem, cant test it yet because im awaiting my new hardware including my PC-A05.

X-750.jpg

P1020665-2.jpg

BTW im one of the few lucky ones in Europe (The Netherlands) who received one from the first batch, i know that a hardware site in the Netherlands also received a sample from the same batch for a review.
SeaSonic Europe told me the first big batch wil be distributed half November.

you know if you want someone to test that for you I'm here for you :p here is a long way away but hey whats a month round trip?

Hey all,

I don't have the X750, but I finally managed to find the x650. At times i regretted not getting the x750 for a mere $15 more, but now that i had a chance to evaluate the X650, all I can say is WOW, what an amazing PSU!

I ran PRIME 95 for 10hrs on my overclocked i860 @ 3.6Ghz and there was absolutely not much heat from the PSU and on top of that the fan never turned on!! :eek:

I am utterly amazed by this PSU, the packaging and quality is TOP notch. I would not hestitate in getting another one. To be honest I thought i needed the X750 but the x650 in reality is overkill on my system anyways. :D Well, glad i saved the money as i totally recommend anyone of these PSU's!!

BTW, I am coming from a PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 510w, which was unbearably loud in comparison to the noiseless X650!

Good to know about the fan not turning on on your system. My x750 just got in at home. Will install tonight!

Good to hear the PSU's are slowly being distributed.
Shamefully im still waiting for my case so i got my (untested) X-750 unemployed for almost 3 weeks, hopefully it didnt die doing nothing.

Earzz, too bad it is still not in stock in Europe anywhere... Scan.co.uk says they will get them 27th Nov 2009, but the question is when will it arrive in rest of the Europe :(. 2 months after [H] review, now that is a major delay :(.

Alright,

Just got my x750 installed. Here are my only complaints about installation:

-Some connectors did not give me very good feedback on if they were secured. No audible click or snap. I had to pull and push on everyone just to make sure they were plugged. Not necessarily bad, probably because connectors are good and tight.

-SILVER screws shipped with mine... they could have shipped black screws (not really complaining lol, just some notes)

-Shrink wrap at cable ends is black on pretty much all cables, but it's bright yellow on the PCI-E cables. (Again, I don't really care since my case is always closed, just a note)

Now, all I need is the Accelero Twin Turbo PRO for my 5870 and I'm good on upgrades for at least a month... lol

So how jealous should I be with my trusty corsair 650tx? I just bought an ssd, so I could use a break spending wise...

Alright,

-Shrink wrap at cable ends is black on pretty much all cables, but it's bright yellow on the PCI-E cables. (Again, I don't really care since my case is always closed, just a note)

Now, all I need is the Accelero Twin Turbo PRO for my 5870 and I'm good on upgrades for at least a month... lol

Yeah, I saw your post at the NCIX forum. I've been waiting for a decent fully modular myself. There has been one from Ultra out for a while, but c'mon, installing an Ultra product in my rig is like frosting a cake with shit.

Anyway, there are some sexy sleeving jobs on this forum so personally I think I'll go the same route and not worry much about the odd yellow cables.

Hm, did Seasonic forgot about that small continent called Europe ? Still nowhere in stock in Europe :(,

Hm, did Seasonic forgot about that small continent called Europe ? Still nowhere in stock in Europe :(,

Here in the NL its in stock @ some places and i already got mine over a month now so they didnt forgot Europe.

Well, most places are getting it just now, or next week. So NL was a exception then, even scan.co.uk got it just this day, my supplier says he will get them next week monday.

I know it's a little early to be asking, but did seasonic make any mention of a larger wattage model on the way? I'd love to see atleast and 850W unit from them, as 'upgrading' to this from the PCP&C 750W Silencer I'm using right now, doesn't seem too justifiable.

Sure the features of this PSU are superior to the my current one, but @ $200, I'd like at least the ability to run a high end crossfire or SLI if I choose to do so (something I'm not confident in doing with the +12v Amperage available on my PSU or this one).

I know it's a little early to be asking, but did seasonic make any mention of a larger wattage model on the way? I'd love to see atleast and 850W unit from them, as 'upgrading' to this from the PCP&C 750W Silencer I'm using right now, doesn't seem too justifiable.

Sure the features of this PSU are superior to the my current one, but @ $200, I'd like at least the ability to run a high end crossfire or SLI if I choose to do so (something I'm not confident in doing with the +12v Amperage available on my PSU or this one).
If you want more power, then look at other units. I doubt Seasonic will release a larger model since typically they stick to lower-wattage units (the 850W M12D/S12D is the most powerful PSU they have ever produced under their name).

If you want more power, then look at other units. I doubt Seasonic will release a larger model since typically they stick to lower-wattage units (the 850W M12D/S12D is the most powerful PSU they have ever produced under their name).

I was afraid of that answer. Yeah, I know I could always go to a different manufacturer, but testing and benchmarks have really wowed me with these 2 particular units.

850W Would definitely satisfy what I'm looking for though, Fingers crossed they release a 3rd unit at that power level or past. :D

Is this to mean that with 750 watts I couldn't run a second 5870 crossfired in a year or so once prices drop substantially?

Is this to mean that with 750 watts I couldn't run a second 5870 crossfired in a year or so once prices drop substantially?
Depends on what the rest of your system is like. The X-750 would most likely be enough though.

I'm building/ordering for it now.

MSI GD-80, i7 860, 8G DDR3 1600, and (2x) 7200RPM 1TB HDD's.

I'll likely use MSI's on-board OC'ing utility only. I will likely OC the 5870 somewhat, but stability is more important to me than anything else.

Thanks for the clarification. I like quiet and efficient. This should be worth the money. :cool:

I'm building/ordering for it now.

MSI GD-80, i7 860, 8G DDR3 1600, and (2x) 7200RPM 1TB HDD's.

I'll likely use MSI's on-board OC'ing utility only. I will likely OC the 5870 somewhat, but stability is more important to me than anything else.

Count on about 310-330W peak power usage (OCCT + Furmark). With OC of CPU and GPU it will increase somewhat of course, but you will have problems hitting the 400W mark IMO.

i really dont see why you wont be able to run a second 5870 for crossfire

as im doing that right now with an i7 system

Count on about 310-330W peak power usage (OCCT + Furmark). With OC of CPU and GPU it will increase somewhat of course, but you will have problems hitting the 400W mark IMO.

As someone else stated above, PSU's are generally most reliable and efficient when they operate in the 40-60% range of their max output, right?

Your numbers are helpful, and make me feel pretty safe about going with the 750W.

Call me cautious, or maybe prone to overkill-- but for stability and longevity I like the fact that the most important piece of hardware in my system will rarely have to break a sweat to keep me humming along :)

Just for info, those numbers come from my PC - i5 750 @ 3.2GHz, HD5870, 4GB RAM, 1xHDD, 1xSSD, 1xDVD, X-Fi etc etc.

I just got this x750 psu recently, and I can tell you it's cool as hell. Fan does not turn on during web browsing at all. The only thing I don't like is the grill for the fan, as it sticks out a hair and I can't mount it facing down in the CM Sniper case. More CM's fault I think.

Sweet PSU and great review. If i didn't already have a 750 watt Corsair I'd be all over this one.

Back