Second 360 = Dead, with collateral damage...

TheRapture

Supreme [H]ardness
Well, my 1st box lasted less than 3 mos. before the RROD, the 2nd one made it just shy of ten months. Again, RROD, but this time, the dvd drive made a nasty screech and scratched the shit out of my 2 month old MX. vs. ATV Untamed.....grrrrrr.......

MS has my shipping box on the way....I wonder if they will replace my scratched disc????!!!!

No fanboy here, but please, don't tell me to get a PS3, that console has no interest to me at all. :p

call THQ, if you explain the situation they should replace the disk for you.

You can actually send your scratched discs to MS. But they charge ($25 iirc) to replace it. The form for that is on xbox.com.

I fail to see how RROD and scratching that disc could be related. Does the RROD pop up for tray alignment issues too? I can not think of another way anything could get pushed into the disc unless the tray was already jacked up. Or if you knock over a running console, that can put a nice circular scratch in the discs too...

I fail to see how RROD and scratching that disc could be related. Does the RROD pop up for tray alignment issues too? I can not think of another way anything could get pushed into the disc unless the tray was already jacked up. Or if you knock over a running console, that can put a nice circular scratch in the discs too...

It's not related. MS used some very poor quality DVD drives on older model 360s. I had a 360 eat my Halo 3 disc, then for good measure, it RROD'd on me.
The new ones with the Benq drives *supposedly* won't scratch discs. But 360's eating discs is a known problem (thought not as bad as RROD).

I realize the scratching did not come from the RROD issue...but the crappy dvd drive is to blame, just sucks that this happened at basically the same time.

And the console was flat......:mad:

My 360's dvd drive squeeled one day and blew up, luckily the disc inside survived. I got a new one from warranty and sold it and never looked back.

You're out of luck on the scratched disc because it's not an MS game. Is the scratch too bad to have your local game store use their machine to buff it out?

You're out of luck on the scratched disc because it's not an MS game. Is the scratch too bad to have your local game store use their machine to buff it out?

I can probably buff it out with some ultra fine polishing compound.....

Back