Second thoughts about displays..

Lord Twilight

Limp Gawd
I just started a new job last week doing animation and video editing for an advertising company (yay me! :) ) and they have me working on a 30" Westinghouse HD LCD screen (1280x720.. we do HD advertising). At home I have a 17" flat CRT that I've used for years and have been looking at getting a 2405 or something in the not-too-distant future.

Well, since I've been working on this 30" 720p screen... It's actually pretty nice... I'm starting to wonder if I really do need 1080 in a new monitor or not. Obviously the 30" westy probably wouldn't be great for gaming, but the resolution really isn't all that bad.. And I find myself sitting farther away from the screen which is probably a good thing. Today I have been working on a dual CRT machine for a few hours and my eyes are killing me. :(

I guess I'm just wondering what others think.. I'm rather surprised that the lower resolution screen looks as nice as it does. I definitely am looking at a larger screen.. at least one of the 21" widescreen monitors.. bigger if I can afford it, but now I'm starting to think about getting a HD TV to use for my home pc for gaming (PC and Console) and watching tv and movies...

Well it may not be the resolution of the other monitors so much as the other monitors being LCD's instead of CRT's which for most people is easier on the eyes.

Back