Section 8 PC game $10, Borderlands $10 etc.

ScYcS

2[H]4U
GamersGate's Summer Sale goes into week 2 with a couple nice offers, here is the link:

http://www.gamersgate.com/summersale

Personally, Section 8, Borderlands and UT3 black as well as Frontlines and Batman are worth it's money.

Sorry if that's been posted already but i didn't see it browsing quickly on the first two pages (but my eyes are bad lol)

would i be able to back up Section 8 on steam if i were to buy it frmo gamersgate?

If yes, im goin for it.

would i be able to back up Section 8 on steam if i were to buy it frmo gamersgate?

If yes, im goin for it.

No, i don't think that would work. Gamersgate basically gives you a iso image of the game, so you don't need to have a CD in the drive neither do you need to burn it or anything. You could install it from the image, add it as a non-steam game to steam and have the same effect as if it would be a steam game. However, no auto-patching, whereas that isn't a problem with Section 8 anyways because Windows Live does the patching automatically anyways.

FWIW, I was never able to play my retail copy of Batman: AA, due to buggy software. They actually suggest you disable your soundcard if it is integrated to get the game to work. It was a big waste of time any money for me. It may be fine with XP or a discrete soundcard, but integrated sound on Windows 7 was a no-go for me.

If you're interested in buying Borderlands, keep in mind that this digital copy will not work with any DLC.

Gamersgate is totally legit, just like Direct2Drive and Steam is legit. And they give you ISO's / install files and a valid key with it of course.

lol. i bought batman and frontlines. paid with paypal. clicked download and it said order canceled. This of course after it gave me the cd keys. Paypal reversed the charges and locked my account up. Took 30 minutes to get my account unlocked.

lol. i bought batman and frontlines. paid with paypal. clicked download and it said order canceled. This of course after it gave me the cd keys. Paypal reversed the charges and locked my account up. Took 30 minutes to get my account unlocked.

I highly doubt that gamersgate has the power to lock your paypal account.

they didnt paypal did. Paypal said it wasnt verified business with paypal and fraud dept from paypal locked my account.

FWIW, I was never able to play my retail copy of Batman: AA, due to buggy software. They actually suggest you disable your soundcard if it is integrated to get the game to work. It was a big waste of time any money for me. It may be fine with XP or a discrete soundcard, but integrated sound on Windows 7 was a no-go for me.

batman AA works fine for me win7 with integrated realtek sound p35 mobo. not saying it is not an issue for you but issue is not exclusive to win7 or integrated sound. i would give it another go with updated drivers, maybe the issue has been resolved since the last time you tried.

They added Crysis warhead for 9.97. In the FAQ they say they have the power to reset the activation limit. I am not sure if the tool works or not for this release.

I checked steam and there are 3 DLC's available for 9.99 each. One is basically an combat arena. The other two have new missions guns and gear, and one of them increases the level cap by 11 levels. Personally I hate DLC. I'd rather have a full expansion pack than pay for small content additions for more money. At 10 bucks for the game who cares if you miss out on DLC.

I checked steam and there are 3 DLC's available for 9.99 each. One is basically an combat arena. The other two have new missions guns and gear, and one of them increases the level cap by 11 levels. Personally I hate DLC. I'd rather have a full expansion pack than pay for small content additions for more money. At 10 bucks for the game who cares if you miss out on DLC.

While on some level I can agree, but remember if this version doesn't support DLC then it stands to reason that it is also a version that isn't going to be supported as well by the game developer. I have a problem now with a game I bought from them (Loki). It's an old game but there has been a patch for it that fixes several problems one of which I want (now it respects UAC in vista and win 7 without the need to run in admin mode) and I can't get the patch cause there is NO gamer's gate version. They have asked the developer a while back but since they never got it, I have no way to legitimately patch to the latest version.

darn that stinks, I guess sometimes it pays to pay? (more) FYI there are three patches available for borderlands on GG. But I have over 10 games from them and not a single one has a patch except for borderlands.

batman AA works fine for me win7 with integrated realtek sound p35 mobo. not saying it is not an issue for you but issue is not exclusive to win7 or integrated sound. i would give it another go with updated drivers, maybe the issue has been resolved since the last time you tried.

I updated all of the related drivers. There are a ton of fixes online, all of which I tried. There are several people who had success disabling their sound card or using a different one. The worst part is that the game crashes randomly after I start it, usually 5-10 min. I last tried a few weeks ago before I gave up. Looking online, the problem seems to be fairly wide-spread. Maybe I'll reinstall and try again once I finish a few other games.

[H]'er;1036048244 said:
DLC...never played Borderlands, how does DLC come into play?
The second DLC is pretty useless, but the first one adds a new area with a bunch of entertaining missions and the third one adds a huge load of new content to the game. The base campaign is pretty good, but the DLCs make the game even more awesome, and in my opinion it's worth spending more to get a copy of the game that will allow you to use the DLCs with it. Gearbox is also going to release a fourth DLC in September which looks pretty awesome in my opinion based on the information they've released.

Maybe I'll reinstall and try again once I finish a few other games.

when I get problems with games that most people are OK with, I will wait until I reinstall Windows again later before I try it again (only happened twice). With a fresh OS and all the latest drivers, you think it would have the best chance to work.

I got section 8. Played ten minutes I hate it. What a waste. Besides Easy AI Dark Sector for under $5 looks to be a much more interesting game. (got that too)

For those of you that don't have crysis warhead yet, and wanted to get it for 15$ off of this site, I can report that the deactivation tool works with the gamers gate version of the game.
woot!

Bought Aquanox 2 from gamersgate on this sale, can't even get the fucking thing to d/l.

Just get an error msg about HTTP 404, googled the problem and found a post over a month old about the same issue with the game from gamersgate and that the files were corrupted on their end and they wer ewaiting to update it...

Why the FUCK put a game up for sale that people can't even d/l? That just seem slike terrible business pratice, I know I definitely won't buy another game from them if I don't get a response form their CS or it's fixed soon.

The arena one adds a locker. I have LSA (loot separation anxiety) where I think every semi-decent weapon might be better than I give it credit for or have some usefulness later. So a locker is a must.

Back