Security Breach Results In Data Sent to Iran

Something tells me said person will never be able to work at any job again that requires a security clearance higher than ass kiser

Too bad Bushie is out of office, said person would have qualified as a top-level cabinet position or advisor with A.K. Clearance.

I support laptops in a business and I just love it when people have this type of crap on their work computers. You would think people would know better, your "work computer" is kinda like "work" where at work you just don't do certain things that you do at home.

Well no kidding Mr. perfect.

Obviously you are one of those people that would argue with a stop sign out of "principle".

I didn't post my reply to so you could take what I said out of context and try to make a point out of something that wasn't even said in what I wrote. I have a knowledge of these systems because we use them in my chosen profession and understand how they function.

Having the schematics of these systems is no bigger deal than having a schematic of the insides of a PC... its the software that makes it all work together.. software that is kept in a classified safe and is under armed guard when it leaves that safe, and is signed in and out on classified control rosters.

I wouldn't say that a man made system couldn't be compromised

so yes your right.. feel better now??

So your saying that a 11billion dollar state of the art chopper has the same innards as a PC? lol

What's really sad is that my company's laptops are more secure than most government laptops appear to be. You would think that the government would have the most secure networks and computer systems of anyone, but yet breaches like this continue to occur. Sure, it's hard to control everything, but IMO, this was a two-fold breach. First, the contractor was not educated enough on security, and second, the government failed to properly secure his computer. The first could be solved by simply firing people who do this sort of thing, which sets an example for others, and the latter by actually updating their computers and applying policies to lock things down (at the very least, everyone should not be an admin and there should be a managed firewall installed).

So your saying that a 11billion dollar state of the art chopper has the same innards as a PC? lol
He's one of those delusional basement nerds who claims to know all the inner workings of military tech, then goes online and says it can't be compromised, then gets called out, then backpedals, then slowly creeps back into the darkness. :p

He's one of those delusional basement nerds who claims to know all the inner workings of military tech, then goes online and says it can't be compromised, then gets called out, then backpedals, then slowly creeps back into the darkness. :p

HA... cute, you don't know me or anything about me.. I simply added some personal knowledge to an open discussion forum. if you will get over yourself for 1 second and go back and read what I said, I never said it couldnt be compromised, What I said was what was released is nothing more than schematics for a system that would not lead to a compromise of capabilities due to the nature of how the system works.

I am not sure why you seem to have taken any of this personal or turned it into a personal attack... oh well.. can't have a mature logical discussion sometimes, but I am sure your having a good time.

HA... cute, you don't know me or anything about me.. I simply added some personal knowledge to an open discussion forum. if you will get over yourself for 1 second and go back and read what I said, I never said it couldnt be compromised, What I said was what was released is nothing more than schematics for a system that would not lead to a compromise of capabilities due to the nature of how the system works.

I am not sure why you seem to have taken any of this personal or turned it into a personal attack... oh well.. can't have a mature logical discussion sometimes, but I am sure your having a good time.

agwood said:
I can assure you that while there may be some interesting information in those files, there is absolutely nothing that would compromise the AAR/ALE-47 / APR-39 / ALQ-144 SPS/ECM systems installed on the VH-60, its the highly classified (and tightly controlled) software in those systems that makes the magic happen. Interestingly enough the VH-3 which was shown in the video is not the aircraft which had information released. The new Marine 1 helicopter is a derivative of the EH-101 called the VH-71 Kestral.

While it makes bad press, nothing was learned that isn't already known or could be easily obtained.

oh...

Might want to backpedal a little more. Don't fall over.

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!?!?!
YOU DON'T KNOW ME!?!?!
YOU DON'T KNOW ME!?!?!
YOU DON'T KNOW ME!?!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXV4qlg0vtg

No.. not at all.... that would be kind of a stupid statement.

I simply stated "Having the schematics of these systems is no bigger deal than having a schematic of the insides of a PC" which is a true statement. besides, the VH-60 is not state of the art, it is only slightly different than the MH-60K or HH-60G.

The 11 Billion is for the VH-71, which is a state of the art Helicopter, although not the helicopter we are talking about.

No.. not at all.... that would be kind of a stupid statement.

I simply stated "Having the schematics of these systems is no bigger deal than having a schematic of the insides of a PC" which is a true statement. besides, the VH-60 is not state of the art, it is only slightly different than the MH-60K or HH-60G.

The 11 Billion is for the VH-71, which is a state of the art Helicopter, although not the helicopter we are talking about.

Stop polluting these forums with facts and logic damnit! Some really sad people in here have an uncomfortable amount of their ego devoted to feeling that COD4 & the Military Channel made them experts.

I think what everyone's missing here amongst all the lulzy epeen being thrown around, is the fact that if somebody is in a position to take advantage of this information in the first place, that chopper is screwed with or without the schematics.

Being that, you know, they already have access to it to physically sabotage it, or are in a position to physically attack it.

Wait. This went to Iran? Which Obama are we talking about here? I guess bin laden wants his own chopper? ;)

there's simply 2much bureaucracy 2make any review worthwhile or any changes worthwhile.

They will be pulling the plug on this boondoggle. A shining example of procurement gone insane.

I would suggest just retrofitting a couple JollyGreenGiants with comm and defense systems. One of the most reliable and safe machines we had built.

The pricing on this abortion from Lockheed's EU partner is 2X the cost of a normal 747 or just less than 1/2 the price of AirForce One.... each. For a fucking helicopter. It just aint a gonna happen.

F22 needs to get priority in spending over this sillyness.

Proof positive that money is corrupting our fundamental common sense in the Congress and Pentagon. Same issue with the new tanker contract. No way a foreign company builds that shit unless massive bribes and corruption is afoot.

The answer is clearly a C17 varient, to share 90% of spare parts and maintainence knowledge/skillz. Lowering the net cost of C17's and the tankers simultaneously.

Listen to all of you idiots circlejerking. The real problem here is the myth of security through obscurity. None of the leaked information should make any difference to anyone, and if it does, there's a much bigger problem than the fact the information was leaked.

Listen to all of you idiots circlejerking. The real problem here is the myth of security through obscurity. None of the leaked information should make any difference to anyone, and if it does, there's a much bigger problem than the fact the information was leaked.
lol, you called yourself an idiot through a relational argument which reneges on itself.

Back