Sennheiser HD555...

YahonMaizosz

Limp Gawd
I owned a Logitech Z-5500 and it has been great. The sound quality and experience is real wonder in my ears..

However, these few consecutive weeks, 2 of my neighbours had just moved out and replaced by an elderly couple. I am living in an apartment in Downtown, the walls are thick, but these elders keep complaining that my volume is too loud. They can't take the BASS and TREBLE.. Funny thing is that, I always kept my volume at 50%..

So, to RESPECT the elderly and prevent any trouble or fights, I decided to purchase a HEADPHONE for my gaming and music purposes..

Since the only headset I ever had is Sennheiser, I am planning to get another one, but don't know which one to choose.. After searching through forums, I finally get a hold of this Sennheiser HD555.. What do you guys think of it? My budget for a HEADPHONE would be $150 MAX.. I am open to a better suggestion but keep in mind the BUDGET..

There is a deal in DakMart.com for only $75.. But, I had never deal with them and feel kind of uneasy.. Here is the LINK to their website..

Another headset that I am considering would be the Sennheiser HD280.. I heard that it is another good product with good price.. Good noise Insolation too..

For now, I shall lower my volume.. Do give me a suggestion guys..

;)

I have the HD555 (open) and it's ok after some burn in, however I prefer my AGK 271s (closed).

I have friends who had "OPEN" and "CLOSED" headphone.. They both seem to agree that each had its own strength and weakness..

Is the "OPEN" headphone going to leak out some of the noise if I were to turn the volume up? I might be using this headset not only for my computer, but also my iPod..

Is the "OPEN" headphone going to leak out some of the noise if I were to turn the volume up? I might be using this headset not only for my computer, but also my iPod..

Yes, and depending on the headphones, it can get pretty loud too (on the outside).

Other headphones I'd suggest you check out are the Audio Technica ATH-AD700, which I place over the HD555, Note these headphones are open, and can get really loud on the outside, bad idea for ipod/portable use. And the Beyerdynamic DT770/80, isolates quite well, others cant hear you, and you cant hear anythng on the outside at all when music is playing (can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it). Bass monster.

DT770 is more suitable for ipod use as its just a tad more compact, but make sure you take off your headphones when crossing a street, you cant hear anything around you while playing music :p

Both of these headphones go for $150 (DT770 is $150 ebay)

The Audio Technica ATH-A700 is the closed version of the ATH-AD700, and I hear lots of good things about it.

Yes, and depending on the headphones, it can get pretty loud too (on the outside).

Other headphones I'd suggest you check out are the Audio Technica ATH-AD700, which I place over the HD555, Note these headphones are open, and can get really loud on the outside, bad idea for ipod/portable use. And the Beyerdynamic DT770/80, isolates quite well, others cant hear you, and you cant hear anythng on the outside at all when music is playing (can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it). Bass monster.

DT770 is more suitable for ipod use as its just a tad more compact, but make sure you take off your headphones when crossing a street, you cant hear anything around you while playing music :p

Both of these headphones go for $150 (DT770 is $150 ebay)

The Audio Technica ATH-A700 is the closed version of the ATH-AD700, and I hear lots of good things about it.

The review for Audio Technica are amazing.. Now.. I am stuck at choosing the Audio Technica, Sennheiser HD555 OR Sennheiser HD595! :p

I have to say that the Sennheiser HD595 really looks good.. :)

There are 3-4 what headphone posts daily. We are trying to keep that down. Please use the sticky and only ask ? if there is something not covered. Pm me if you like.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1234050

I am sorry for posting another question. This is my first time asking for this question and my 2nd time visiting this section of the FORUM. I will use the sticky for future references. However, I have to say that the response I received is very good.. I appreciate it.. :)

I am sorry for posting another question. This is my first time asking for this question and my 2nd time visiting this section of the FORUM. I will use the sticky for future references. However, I have to say that the response I received is very good.. I appreciate it.. :)[/QUOTE]

No problem. Just pointing it out.

The review for Audio Technica are amazing.. Now.. I am stuck at choosing the Audio Technica, Sennheiser HD555 OR Sennheiser HD595! :p

I have to say that the Sennheiser HD595 really looks good.. :)

Having both the ATH-AD700, and the HD555, I can tell you that the technicas sound fuller and more balanced, I can't speak on behalf of the HD595, but im sure they are awesome.

How does the HD595 look good? its essentially the HD555 with a branded logo on the cans :p

Guess what everyone...

I finally pulled the trigger, today, to purchase the Sennheiser HD600....

I know, it is WAY over my budget ($150) since the HD600 costs me $300.. :)

But, I thought that, Since I am going to replace my WONDERFUL Logitech Z-5500, why not get another WONDERFUL headset too?? Thus, I decided to buy the HD600..

Hopefully, I will like it.. :)

your budget is not done suffering- you need an amp to drive the hd600 :)

Really? My friend told me that I can just plug it in my Logitech Z-5500 3.5mm adapter and use it..
Do I really need it??:confused::confused:
I do have a X-Fi Fatal1ty soundcard.. Will that do??

Back