Server 2008 Keys

Thanatos.

Gawd
So i have 2 Server 2008 Keys, one x86 and one 64bit. Are x86 and 64bit keys interchangeable, like say i could use the 64bit Server key to install on a x86 Server install?

Yes they should be. I got a 32bit Vista Key from my school and used it with a 64bit version.

Try the keys on both, as you can easily check the keys for validity without even installing 2K8. During the setup just input the keys and it'll tell you right then and there if they're going to work.

MSDN was showing seperate keys for 32bit & 64bit windows 2003 that i was looking at the other day. I think it might only be vista that uses the same key for both versions.

MSDN was showing seperate keys for 32bit & 64bit windows 2003
That's Server 2003....not Server 2008. They are two different beasts, with two different licensing schemes. I'd give them a shot and see how it goes, as mentioned above. Based on my TechNet subscription, I have one key for all versions and platforms of Server 2008.

Well my technet and MSDN Server 2k8s use the same key for both versions so I'm pretty sure it's the same for all versions of 2k8.

Back