Server grade SATA

and for Seagate fans the ES.2

the Seagate seems to be a little cheaper than WD. Nearly identical specs. *I cannot vouch for either drive, since I have not used either one.

If you mean the problem with the 1.5 TB 7200.11, then no, but anything else I have no idea. I own 7 Segates from the 7200.11 series, 4x 1TB in RAID 5, no issues with any yet!

and for Seagate fans the ES.2

the Seagate seems to be a little cheaper than WD. Nearly identical specs. *I cannot vouch for either drive, since I have not used either one.

i have 7 ES 2 drives, they are awsome performers, the one i tested a while back was hitting 100mb average on reads, i will have 7 of them with a SAS controller this week to test out so i can give some other numbers.

If you mean the problem with the 1.5 TB 7200.11, then no, but anything else I have no idea. I own 7 Segates from the 7200.11 series, 4x 1TB in RAID 5, no issues with any yet!

Well Seagate did announce it was more than just the 1.5TB with some issues.

i have 7 ES 2 drives, they are awsome performers, the one i tested a while back was hitting 100mb average on reads, i will have 7 of them with a SAS controller this week to test out so i can give some other numbers.

Good to hear. I'd love to see em.

I had (6) 500GB RE2 drives in RAID 5 for about a year until two of them crapped out on me at almost exactly the same time.

I've since switched to (4) 1TB ES.2 drives in RAID 6 and am much happier. These run considerably cooler than the RE2's at half the size so I'm expecting them to last a bit longer. I'm actually considering adding two more to the array.

i can also vouch for the ES from Seagate. We have 4 in a RAID 5 at work and have been on 24/7 for 18 months.... not one problem... all the specs check out fine and are tested monthly.

i can also vouch for the ES from Seagate. We have 4 in a RAID 5 at work and have been on 24/7 for 18 months.... not one problem... all the specs check out fine and are tested monthly.

Well there is ES and ES.2, big difference. :)

But good to hear the old models are chugging along just fine.

Back