Server Status=Reject

Mayhem33

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone know what this means? The sever stats page does not list this as an option.

171.64.122.138 VSP71 dlucent full Reject 0.39 0 999 - 2 2 2567 931 1506 -20 7 32.75

I have 3 WU that are waiting to upload all day...any ideas?

Sounds like the server can't receive any more WUs at the moment. I have 3 WUs queued up at the moment also.

Seems Stanford is having some problems getting with their servers accepting completed work. I know that every single core I have on F@H currently has queued work outstanding, also caused me to have a 0 point day yesterday. From the looks of things at www.folding-community.org, they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Here's a few more threads with people having the same problems:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1096177
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1095901
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1095381
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1094286

Yeah, I'm on that same server, I have 30 WU queued to upload, pain in the ass. I've only turned in one WU over the past 30 hours, usually I'm averaging 30 to 40 every 24. Hopefully they'll have it remedied soon.

This is bound to get me flamed, but why not run UD until the servers come back up? Or are you guys still getting work, just can't send it back?? :)

I still get work to do. it just isn't gettting uploaded. If it were something to the effect of not getting work, then I would switch.

Yeah, getting work isn't a problem, its uploading what's already done thats proving to be difficult. :(

I've sent back a couple results, it just seems to be a couple specific servers..... I can get and work on WUs, and I've sent a couple back.... so who knows what's going on...

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

I'm not getting wu's to work on. Some are having trouble sending but I've set up 3-4 machines in the last week and they are all still waiting to recieve their first wu. None have done any work yet. What do I do to fix this? I'm wasting more cycles than Marty, it makes me feel like such a tool? Do I just need to wait or if I change the setup of the client will I pull from a different server? The server that they are trying to pull work from is 171.64.122.133 which is showing full/accept. Why am I not getting anything? Geez, I stop paying attention for a second and Stanford goes all to hell.

yea...i have had no problems getting WU to do...just uploading the results is where i have problems.

pageian said:
---- What do I do to fix this? I'm wasting more cycles than Marty, it makes me feel like such a tool? ----

I find restarting the client tends to help.

Also check that your firewall is not block you if its a new setup.
I've had that happen to me.

Luck ............ :D

All of the Protiens that are not uploading are 77x's so if you have these, then you are SOL for right now....and i 2nd the idea of restarting the client, that solves most problems not relating to the servers being down.

pageian said:
I'm not getting wu's to work on. Some are having trouble sending but I've set up 3-4 machines in the last week and they are all still waiting to recieve their first wu. None have done any work yet. What do I do to fix this? I'm wasting more cycles than Marty, it makes me feel like such a tool? Do I just need to wait or if I change the setup of the client will I pull from a different server? The server that they are trying to pull work from is 171.64.122.133 which is showing full/accept. Why am I not getting anything? Geez, I stop paying attention for a second and Stanford goes all to hell.

Have you tried pulling your head out of your ass?

Stop/start the service.

Delete the reg key user id/logs, will force round robbin tries off the AS.

Client seems to have a varied retry scale. In the first few attempts, the reties (and odds of rolling to another server) happen inside a minute. After 10-20 tries things slow way down to 5-10 minutes between reties (way slow/low odds).

One server I have likes to get into loops of hundreds of retries. Stopping/starting service fixes every time-- this is side bar case just something to bear in mind some clients can throw hissy fits such as pageian and need to be "cycled"....

Stop/Start isn't the case here, I've done that, to the service and the machines. No changes. It's been days, though I haven't checked any of them this afternoon. Also not a firewall issue, I run the firewall here and have been sending proteins through it for years. Other clients that were set up previously are still working fine. Strange, did I start doing something wrong all the sudden or is anyone else experiencing this?

Timeless Pageian? There aren't any WUs being put out for them....

.138 is rejecting WUs and won't be back up for a few more days, but your systems that were trying to upload there should have moved on to another server (my 3 boxen queued to that server did).

Might be a compound issue.

Hmm, I will check that out. I believe I did set them to timeless. Is this something that just started happening or did I miss something?

I like Marty, he's coooooool!!!!!
(how's that p[H]?) ;)

pageian said:
Hmm, I will check that out. I believe I did set them to timeless. Is this something that just started happening or did I miss something?

I like Marty, he's coooooool!!!!!
(how's that p[H]?) ;)

Yep, brand new last month. I hear tale of these fancy new "C-D's", little round shiny things too....

Timeless out for past few weeks.

P-Diddy can play nice with my left nut.

pageian said:
Stop/Start isn't the case here, I've done that, to the service and the machines. No changes. It's been days, though I haven't checked any of them this afternoon. Also not a firewall issue, I run the firewall here and have been sending proteins through it for years. Other clients that were set up previously are still working fine. Strange, did I start doing something wrong all the sudden or is anyone else experiencing this?

I have the same problem, I switched most of my clients off of advmethods and restarted the boxes, they're getting work units now, but they haven't been uploading any of the old results, they're sitting in queue waiting for .138 to come back up.

marty9876 said:
Yep, brand new last month. I hear tale of these fancy new "C-D's", little round shiny things too....

Timeless out for past few weeks.

P-Diddy can play nice with my left nut.

Timeless did it, they're working now. More Marty destroying GHz for the [H].

Left nut you say? Take it out of your purse and hand it over, I'll kick it around for awhile.

So what did you do to get put on probation? Were you being a tool or just being yourself? How did they know the difference? Can you even talk about it or is it some double-secret probation because you were even more toolish than usual? ;) Am I gonna get in trouble for asking?

Up with Moose!

Jeez I haven't gotten any points today because of these server issues. Haven't looked in the logs because I don't have access, but with ~20 machines one of them should have tried to send something in over the whole day.

I guess I'll have a huge point drop one of these days.

GoatBoy said:
Timeless did it, they're working now. More Marty destroying GHz for the [H].

Left nut you say? Take it out of your purse and hand it over, I'll kick it around for awhile.

So what did you do to get put on probation? Were you being a tool or just being yourself? How did they know the difference? Can you even talk about it or is it some double-secret probation because you were even more toolish than usual? ;) Am I gonna get in trouble for asking?

Up with Moose!

I called <<<somebody>>> a goat fucker. Everyone else thought it was funny hell.....

2:AM EST and my held units started to send........

Uploaded the first two @ 7:20 GMT.

Luck...... :D

most have mine have returned their units..... seems like they got everything straightened out....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Yep, seems all is well on the .138 front, however it seems that something else has creeped up with the Assignment Servers. Vijay hasn't gone into any detail yet, but hopefully it doesn't cause any glitches like it has in the past.

I wonder if any of this is related to getting the servers ready for the new client and cores coming out possibly at the end of this month? Just a thought -- probably wrong.

marty9876 said:
I called <<<somebody>>> a goat fucker. Everyone else thought it was funny hell.....

Hmm, that's almost a compliment coming from you. Except I thought sheep were your favorite!?!?!

/poke poke ;)

pageian said:
Hmm, that's almost a compliment coming from you. Except I thought sheep were your favorite!?!?!

/poke poke ;)

huh, maybe that someone was fearful of me moving in on their prey are were jealous.....

Back