Setting up in a room that's never been used 10+ years...

MoreDents

Limp Gawd
I just moved back home from college and I set up my computers in the basement in a room that was NEVER used since the house was built in 1997

Now, could this 10+ years of no use cause the electricity to behave weird? Because I've had some computer issues that hasn't been present when I was in college.

NOTE:
The family computer/entertainment center is also in the basement but on the far opposite side.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Rather than a problem being created by lack of use, couldn't it simply be the case that there was always a problem in that part of the house and you never had an opportunity to notice it before?

Rather than a problem being created by lack of use, couldn't it simply be the case that there was always a problem in that part of the house and you never had an opportunity to notice it before?

That's what I was thinking as well.

In addition, the family room being on the opposite side (and presumably working well?) may have little bearing on the situation. The outlets you're connecting your computer equipment to could be on an entirely different 15/20-amp circuit than the family room.

Back