Setting up your Wii

xerus`

[H]ard|Gawd
To all of you who already have a Wii, how difficult was the setup?

I'll be getting mine for a few hours, but I'm just curious as to how long it takes everyone to un-box it, set up the sensor bar thing, sync their wiimotes, and play their first game.

about 2-3 mins. About 10 minutes if you setup your "Mii" which is like your character/avatar because there are so many different options for hair, face, eyes, etc that you will play around with it for awhile. But you don't need to setup your "Mii" to play. The basic setup just ask you like console name, sensor bar on top or bottom, parental lock, etc.

The sensor bar threw me a bit, but everything is smooth. It found about 8 wireless networks for me to connect to. Of course, the fastest was the one in my apartment. Hit connect and it started updating and downloading new Wii Channel content (downloadable games et al).

I couldn't get access using WEP, had to use WPA. Don't know what is going on there. I have a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router. Any help out there? Tried everything in the Linksys admin that I could...

tpplo abput 2 to 3 minutes as well...the controller was very interesting o get used to as well.. was actually funny didnt realize i had to guide it like that to navigate the menus.but still very awesome. and jus incase someone wants to know. eve without the component cables it looks good on a 50' plasma and a 32'inch lcd.not jaggy at all. :cool: :D

Yeah the sensor bar was a curveball for me too. I restuck it like 10 times and now it wont stick anymore, oh well. Works fine. And yeah the Wiimote takes some getting used to.

Remember there are a lot of people updating their Wii's at once.

The update went smoothly for me, if a little slow. Setup is relatively easy. Just browse around and change the things you would like to 16:9, 480P, Surround sound etc... Create a Mii, and off you go!

Make sure you put the disc in correctly. I couldn't get Wii Sports to load and i was like, "Ohh shit here we go", but then I realized it was upside down :p

Back