Seven Things a Geek Can Do on Thanksgiving

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here’s a handy list of seven things a geek can do on Thanksgiving. What do you have planned for Turkey Day?

Sure, Thanksgiving is about family and togetherness; but it's also about what you make of it. And that can be anything from your own special brand of geeky cooking prowess to ... pilgrim robots? In a world where pilgrim robots exist, we're pretty sure there's room for the geekiest of Thanksgivings. Read on to learn how to do this holiday right.

I'm going to browse the web on my phone while waiting on food and avoiding small talk with relatives who ignore me until holidays or their computers break.

Me? I'm gonna get me a few beers and watch me some Blu-ray. All my brothers and sisters are doing thanksgiving at their in-laws this year.

If any of you guys can find my house, I'll share my Sam Adams with ya'll :-D

Great Lakes Brewing Company's Christmas Ale.

Need I say more?

5 pages of ads and 1 paragraph per page, sorry pass.

I love Hardocp, the pages of their reviews hold so much content per page.

For me it looks like a few beers, leftover turkey sandwiches and watching "Punkin Chunkin" in HD on the Science channel. :p

I'm going to browse the web on my phone while waiting on food and avoiding small talk with relatives who ignore me until holidays or their computers break.
I'm planning on doing it on my netbook, but then people will just crowd around saying its a 'cute little computer' and ask where I got the 'latest apple' (that's what I get for installing OS X on it)

The story is a yawner.

Thanksgiving is a tech support housecall where they feed you.

For me it looks like a few beers, leftover turkey sandwiches and watching "Punkin Chunkin" in HD on the Science channel. :p

I'm with you sir :D

Others are right, ITworld site is annoying. how many pages for just a list and a short description?

The story is a yawner.

Thanksgiving is a tech support housecall where they feed you.

ugh you can say that again. On thanksgiving when they whole family get together, I'd get an uncle or two coming up to me going "hey, I have this computer at home that [insert 1000 problems they've had over the year between holidays]".

Yes, I love working with computers. It's fun. But not tonight. Go away.

Back